The much-loved Swedish duo will play six live gigs on the continent this month before taking an indefinite hiatus.
Minilogue have lined up their first and last tour of North America for this month.
After working together for more than a decade and a half—and earning widespread acclaim with their sprawling, melodic techno tracks and extended live jams—Swedish artists Marcus Henriksson and Sebastian Mullaert will put Minilogue on hold indefinitely and focus on solo pursuits, as explained in this interview a few months ago. But first up is a trip to North America for six gigs unfolding over the next two weekends.
The journey starts this Friday with the next edition of The Bunker at Output in Brooklyn. The following day, Minilogue will swing through Atlanta to headline a Wiggle Factor day party outside at The Arts Exchange—the event will also serve as part of the art centre's year-long thirtieth anniversary celebration—before hitting Boulder on Sunday to play a free outdoor party as part of Communikey Festival. The second leg will see the duo play a Symbiosis event at Mighty in San Francisco next Thursday the 17th, before linking up with MUTEK for AVANT_MUTEK events in Montreal and Toronto (that one's hosted in collaboration with local promoter Breakandenter) over the next two nights.
Ahead of the tour, you can check out a 23-minute video clip from Ableton of the duo in action below. Tickets to the shows in Brooklyn, Atlanta and Toronto are available on RA.
- Apr 11 The Bunker presents Minilogue/ Eric Cl.., Output, New York
- Apr 12 Wiggle Factor presents Day/Light.., TBA - Atlanta, Georgia
- Apr 13 Communikey 2014: Minilogue in th.., Central Park, Colorado
- Apr 17 Symbiosis presents: Minilogu.., Mighty, California (North)
- Apr 18 AVANT_MUTEK Montreal, Espace Reunion, Montreal
- Apr 19 Breakandenter: Avant Mutek Toronto .., 99 Sudbury, Toronto