The next instalment in the acclaimed series will feature cuts from James Brown, Boards Of Canada and Oneohtrix Point Never.
Franz Ferdinand have compiled the latest edition of LateNightTales, set for release in September.
The long-running series has always prided itself on the eclecticism of its curators, ranging from Four Tet and Bonobo to Friendly Fires and Belle & Sebastian. The Glasgow four-piece, who enjoyed huge commercial success in the '00s with their brand of indie rock, have pulled together a diverse mix of styles across 20 tracks.
Kicking off with their own cover of Jonathan Halper's "Leaving My Old Life Behind," the band moves through records from Can, James Brown and Serge Gainsbourg, before touching upon the dubby electronica of Boards Of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never and Kompakt's Justus Köhncke. Lead singer Alex Kapranos contributes the final track, signing off with the narration of his self-penned story "Defibrillator."
01. Franz Ferdinand - Leaving My Old Life Behind (Exclusive Cover Version)
02. R. Stevie Moore - I'm Only Sleeping
03. The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - Eighteen Is Over The Hill
04. Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
05. Life Without Buildings - New Town
06. Can - Connection
07. The Liminanas - The Darkside
08. Ian Dury - Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3
09. Disco Dub Band - For The Love Of Money
10. Zapp - More Bounce To The Ounce
11. Serge Gainsbourg - Requiem Pour Un Con
12. Lee "Scratch" Perry - Disco Devil
13. James Brown - King Heroin
14. Carrie Cleveland - Love Will Set You Free
15. Paul McCartney & Wings - Nineteen Hundred & Eighty Five
16. Boards of Canada - Reach For The Dead
17. Oneohtrix Point Never - Zebra
18. Justus Köhncke - Old Man
19. American Spring - Sweet Mountain
20. Alex Kapranos - Defibrillator (Spoken Word)
LateNightTales will release LateNightTales: Franz Ferdinand on September 15th, 2014.