Corresponding with the record's release on The Bunker New York, Uwe Schmidt will head stateside for Ground Loop shows in late September and early October.
Atom TM, real name Uwe Schmidt (and known by countless other aliases), is gearing up for a new record and a US live tour.
Schmidt has linked up with The Bunker New York for his latest release as Atom TM—he'd already appeared a few times at The Bunker, including once last year with his dancefloor-focused Ground Loop live set. The party and label later reached out to Schmidt, hoping to secure material to put on a record, and in two days he responded with two tracks, each running over ten minutes in length. Together they make up the Ground Loop EP, which will come out on September 29th.
Along with its release, Schmidt has been confirmed for more Ground Loop gigs, including an RBMA event in Santiago, Chile this Thursday and then Japan's Labyrinth next month, on the way to a tour of the US.
It'll kick off with two Pennsylvania stops: a night with Rizumu in Philadelphia on Friday, September 19th—where Leisure Muffin, the locally based artist who handled The Bunker New York's first release at the beginning of the year, will also play live—and Hot Mass in Pittsburgh the following evening (into Sunday morning), also featuring another live artist in Shawn Rudiman. Two weekday appearances at Brown University in Providence (the first a panel discussion, the second an HD/AV set that's based off last year's album HD) will follow before Schmidt touches down in Seattle for two Decibel Festival performances on Thursday the 25th: first an HD/AV set, then a Ground Loop set later on.
A Gray Area show in San Francisco is up next on Saturday the 27th, and Schmidt's trek will finish the weekend after. One more HD/AV show is confirmed for an "AV Cabaret" at Shine in Boulder on Friday, October 3rd, and then he'll make a return to The Bunker at Brooklyn club Output. That night will also feature live sets from KiNK and Tin Man, and Jeffrey Sfire DJing in the Panther Room, and tickets are on RA.
You can try out previews of the Ground Loop EP below.
A Ground Loop 1
B Ground Loop 2
The Bunker New York will release the Ground Loop EP on September 29th, 2014.
Photo credit: Seze Devres
- Aug 21 Red Bull Music Academy presents: A.., Santo Remedio, Chile
- Sep 13 The Labyrinth Festival, Naeba Greenland, Tokyo
- Sep 19 Atom™, Leisure Muffin & Pink S.., The Studio, Pennsylvania
- Sep 20 Hot Mass Pres. Atomtm & Shawn Ru.., Hot Mass, Pennsylvania
- Sep 22 Panel discussion with Uw.., Brown University, Rhode Island
- Sep 23 Atom™, Brown University, Rhode Island
- Sep 24 Decibel Festiv.., Various Venues - Seattle, Washington State
- Sep 27 Atom™, Gray Area Foundation For The Arts, San Francisco
- Oct 03 Atom™, Shine, Colorado
- Oct 04 The Bunker presents Kink/ Atom™/ Tin M.., Output, New York