Four Tet (aka Kieran Hebden) will release his debut compilation as the newest addition to Azuli’s Late Night Tales series. Unveiling many of the influences behind his ‘Pause’ and ‘Rounds’ albums, this collection pitches warm psychedelia, cool jazz, free floating folk rock and hip hop together as an insight into the find of one of dance music most creative thinkers.
For his part Kieran has spent much of the last year touring the world with the likes of Stereolab, Manitoba and Tortoise, as well as producing James Yorkston’s album and – currently – Beth Orton. He is halfway through a new Fridge album & has recently finished a remix of Madlib for Stones Throw Records, but his own work takes form like below:
1. Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Haunted Feelings
2. Koushik - Battle rhymes for battle times
3. Hal Blaine - Wiggy (edit)
4. Manfred Mann's Chapter 3 - One way glass -
5. Terry Riley - Music for the gift (part 2)
6. Max Roach (M'Boom) - January V
7. Tortoise - Why we fight
8. Gravediggaz - 2 cups of blood
9. Joe Henderson - Earth
10. Linda Perhacs - Parallelograms
11. Four Tet - Castles made of sand
12. Jef Gilson + Malagasy - Valiha Del
13. Madvillain - Strange ways (Koushik's remix)
14. Smoke - Griffo (edit)
15. Fairport Convention - Tale in hard time
16. J Saunders - Tinkle - De Wolfe
17. Icarus - Benevolant Incubator
18. Manitoba - 218 Beverley - Leaf
19. Story by David Shrigley.
Four Tet's Late Night Tales is the 12th in the series, following on from Nightmares On Wax, Howie B, Rae & Christian, Fila Brazilia, Turin Breaks, Groove Armada, Zero 7, Kid Loco, Tommy Guerrero and Jamiroquai and will be released on October 18 through Azuli Records.