Paul van Dyk will make a long-awaited return to politics, in this case "The Politics of Dancing 2", his latest mix compilation which will be released on September 20th.
It's been the equivalent of a Presidency term since the German DJ/producer and Grammy-nominated artist released "The Politics of Dancing" back in 2001, where he first introduced the idea that dancing is a political act and dance music can indeed be political.
From his early upbringing in repressed East Berlin to last year's Rock The Vote Tour to encourage youth to participate in democracy, to his latest single "The Other Side" - written in response to the devastating Tsunami which hit Southeast Asia in December 2004 - politics have long played a part in Paul van Dyk's personal life and music career.
Unlike the stagnant nature of real world politics, on "The Politics of Dancing 2" Paul van Dyk shows off his evolution as a DJ having remixed, rearranged or edited many of the tracks on the double-CD compilation. The melodic, slower first disc showcases tracks by Jose Zamora, Shiloh, Whiteroom, and Mr. Sam while CD2 takes a tougher approach with tracks and remixes from the likes of Jose Amnesia, Angello & Ingrosso, Marco V, and James Holden.
The Politics of Dancing 2 Tracklisting
01. Alex Gold - String Theory - Xtravaganza
02. Tranquility Base - Getting Away - Anjuna Beats / Vale Music S.L.
03. Calmec - Tangerine - Gesture Music
04. Jose Zamora - Transatlantic - Baroque Records
05. Shiloh - Dream On - Sog Records/ Baroque
06. Walsh and Coutre feat. Holly - Burn - Sog Chrome/Baroque
07. Thomas Datt - Alone - Supreme Music / Discover Records
08. Lolo - Why - Banshee
09. Purple Haze - Adrenalin - Spinnin
10. Kuffdam and Plant - Summerdream - Above the Sky/Vandit
11. Filo and Peri feat. Fisher - Closer Now - Empire State 1
12. The Unknown - White Water - Anjuna Beats/ Disco Imperio
13. Marc van Linden - Forbidden Love - Midway Records
14. Whiteroom - Someday Instrumental - Armada Music/Woom Recordings
15. Kyau vs .Albert - Falling anywhere - Anjuna Beats/Euphonic
16. Mr. Sam - Lyteo - Black Hole Recordings
17. Solange - Messages - Vandit
01. Paul van Dyk - The Other Side – Mute
02. Jose Amnesia - Second Day Vandit
03. Steve Agnello & Sebastian Ingrosso - Yeah Size Records / L`a Mode
04. Simon and Shaker - Make it - King Records/ Beat Freak Recordings
05. Yellow Blackbird - Superfly - Sog Chrome/Baroque
06. Giuseppe Ottaviani - Linking People - Vandit
07. Marco V - More than a life away - Be Yourself
08. Thomas Bronszwaer - Close Horizon - Vandit/ United Recordings B.V
09. Mark Norman - T34 Black Hole Recordings
10. CJ Stone- Shine - Bass Bumpers/Quake Records/High Note/Magic
11. Santiago Nino - Believe - Critical Rhythym/ Aurium
12. Perasma - Swing to Harmony - 3Beat / DK Records
13. Dallas - Superstar - Universal AB/16 Inch Records
14. Wellenrausch - Carry On Torsten - AlphaOmegaRecords
15. James Holden - Nothing - SKINT Records / Loaded Records
In support of the release, Paul van Dyk will be touring across the U.S. in August and September and with summer on its back swing, RA recommends hitting up the last of the blowout parties of the summer: Made Event's annual shindig at New York Central Park's Summer Sound Stage, where Paul will play on August 20th. Always a day which remains in the memories of clubbers long after it's over, it will no doubt be a great chance to preview the forthcoming compilation.