Matthew Dear under his Audion guise will be responsible for Fabric 27 due to hit stores late March.
Matthew Dear, who quietly made his mark by letting his productions do the talking, has compiled Fabric 27 after an endless stream of monikers and relentless touring pushed the incredible Texan producer into the upper crust of the electronic music elite.
At only 27 years of age, Dear's releases push all forms of electronic music and it's obvious we're going to be hearing a lot more from him in years to come. For his Fabric 27 release Dear has adopted his latest alias Audion, which pushes a harder electronic side, as he explains, "I was just getting a little...I wouldn't say bored with subtle, minimal stuff, but I realised if you added hard and powerful moments, people could lose themselves a lot easier. I think it’s easier for the listener to know what they’re getting into as well. If somebody goes to a shop and they’re looking for a new record, I wouldn’t wanna confuse them if they bought Audion thinking it was gonna sound like my other stuff."
Having gone deep on the album, Matthew Dear says "This mix was a labour of love. The club holds such a high place in my heart and I tried to capture the different corridors a listener can take when there. Sometimes you will hear harder music in one room and walk across the club to another room for deeper, more twisted music. I wanted the mix to reflect the diversity of a Saturday night at Fabric."
Was Fabric 27 Matthew Dear's sweet valentine? Who knows... what we do know is the tracklisting...
Fabric 27: Matthew Dear as Audion Tracklist
01. Audion - Off First - Spectral Sound
--. Mikael Stavöstrand - Mosquito Morpher - Mikael Stavöstrand
02. Lee Curtiss – Ketamine Christmas - Kalimari Musique
03. Robag Wruhme – Wortkabular [Tobi Neumann's Ricardosingtvocalpercussionundgretadasalphabet Remix] - Musik Krause
04. Mikael Stavöstrand - Body Control - Adjunct Records
05. Butane – How Long Can You Go - Dumb-Unit
--. Audion – Saks – Spectral Sound
--. Yamo - I Was A Robot [Jean F. Cochois’ Timewriter Remix] – Holon Records
06. Ruede Hagelstein - Keep Us Away - Lebensfreude Records
07. Sweet N Candy – Tacky Wakeup - Raum…Musik
08. Billy Dalessandro – Come With Me [Jon Gaiser Remix] - Resopal Schallware
09. Claude VonStroke - Deep Throat – Dirty Bird Records
10. Ali Khan – Waterbomb - Leftroom
11. Argy – A Rhino In A Glass Shop - Raum…Musik
12. Body Code – Equidistant - Spectral Sound
--. Ali Khan – Fudgebuster Beat - Kahlwild
--. René Breitbarth - Thank You - Treibstoff Recordings
13. Audion – Just A Man - Spectral Sound
--. Audion – Nothing – Spectral Sound
14. Robert Babicz – Battlestar - Punkt Music
15. Âme – Rej - Sonar Kollektiv
16. Seth Troxler – Blackclap – fxhe Records
17. Ricardo Villalobos – Chromosul - Perlon
18. Vienna Vegetable Orchestra – Ciboulette [Luciano Mix] - Karmarouge Records
--. Audion – Off Third - Spectral Sound
The mix is available to Fabric subscribers on March 6 with UK/Europe retail getting copies from March 20 and USA/Rest of you from April 20.
Matthew Dear is one of the artists signed to Ghostly International. In other news relating to the label, check out the great photos of Matthew Dear and Ryan Elliot playing the Guggenheim in NYC on flavorpill here.
Those of you in the UK can check out Matthew Dear playing at Fabric on April 15. Full event details are below.