Greece's premier forward-thinking festival features dubstep, techno, rock and more in 2008.
Now in its fifth year, Synch Festival is Greece’s premier forward-thinking festival. Surprisingly given its weather and tourist cache, Athens is a little off the Easyjet summer club circuit radar, but the strength of Synch is looking to change all that with a pleasingly open attitude to all music – the festival mixes up electronics, dance, rock and experimental music, not to mention workshops, film showings and networking events during the day.
The programme is split into three sections: evenings at the graceful Benaki Musuem feature more experimental fare, including a dubstep night on the Saturday featuring Peverelist, Headhunter, Pinch and Moritz von Oswald. The big shebang happens at Technopolis on the Friday and Sunday with the likes of Happy Mondays, The Field, Andrew Weatherall, Stereolab, Juan Atkins, Roisin Murphy and Kieran Hebden vs. Steve Reid over four stages.
But don’t forget the afterparties on the Friday, including an Resident Advisor Presents night featuring Finnish housemeister Luomo and founder of Chicago acid DJ Pierre. All in all, a fine excuse to head to Athens this summer and check out their burgeoning scene - see you there.
- Jun 13 Synch Festival - Evening - Day 1, Benaki Museum
- Jun 13 Synch Festival - Night - Day 1, Technopolis
- Jun 14 Synch Festival - RA presents Luomo, DJ Pierre, Motel C..
- Jun 14 Synch Festival - I-F and more, Yoga Bala
- Jun 14 Synch Festival - Evening - Day 2, Benaki Museum
- Jun 14 Synch Festival - Tony Light and more, K44
- Jun 14 Synch Festival - DSL Bros and more, Bios
- Jun 15 Synch Festival - Night - Day 3, Technopolis
- Jun 15 Synch Festival - Evening - Day 3, Benaki Museum