Tom Wieland (7 Samurai, Panoptikum) has been tapped by Compost to compile the label's second entry in the Elaste series.
Composed of near-hits on early '80s European dancefloors, Elaste Volume 02: Space Disco sees Wieland upping the tempo from Volume 01's "slow motion disco" and embracing the crate digger's mentality. “Most of these titles were fairly unknown when they were released, some became almost famous, and this is what this compilation is about: lost space disco gems and soulful Euro-boogie,” Wieland writes in the press notes to the release. He even somehow manages to sneak not one, but two Panoptikum releases into the mix as well. Although, judging from a tracklisting that includes the likes of Afrobeat legend Tony Allen, session drummer Curt Cress and TV theme composer Alan Hawkshaw, we're guessing he needed all the help he could get in stitching some of these tracks together.
01. Zodiac - The Other Side of Heaven (The Sky's Blue)
02. Selection - Rebel on the Run
03. Jagg - Take Time
04. Hippolytes - Blow You Out Tonight
05. Two Man Sound - Que Tal America
06. Curt Cress - Sundance
07. Panoptikum - Gluckskugel
08. LEB Harmony - Feeling Love
09. Stroer - Don't Stay Till Breakfast
10. Alan Hawkshaw - The Speed of Sound
11. Panoptikum - Elaste
12. Vulcans - Star Trek
13. Tony Allen - NEPA Dance Dub
14. Rufus - Ain't Nobdoy (Hallocinogenik Version)
Compost released Elaste Volume 02 on June 23, 2008.