The Liverpudlian electro outfit will be going Down Under in late September.
Livepool electro outfit Ladytron will be hitting Australian shores in September and October to play shows in all major cities for the first time.
Perhaps best known for their hits like 'He Took Her to a Movie' and 'Playgirl', the quartet established themselves as early revivalists of synth pop, before the so-called electroclash movement really took off. They've played sold-out tours across the US and UK, supported The Chemical Brothers and remixed Bloc Party, Placebo and Nine Inch Nails. For their debut performances in Oz, the group will undoubtedly be bringing more of the same synth-heavy and sinister pop sound to the table, if their recent Velocifero is anything to go by.
The group will be supported throughout their Australian jaunt by Swedish two-piece Familjen.
- Sep 27 Parklife Adelaide 2008, Botanic Park, Adelaide
- Sep 29 Ladytron with Familjen, The Metro Theatre, Sydney
- Oct 01 Ladytron with Familjen, Tivoli, Brisbane
- Oct 02 Ladytron with Familjen, The Corner Hotel, Melbourne
- Oct 05 Ladytron with Familje.., The Bakery Artrage Complex, Perth