Cambridge-raised drum & bass duo Commix will be the next in line to take the reins of the Fabriclive series.
The men behind the Metalheadz masterpiece Call to Mind say in the press notes that "to be honest, a lot of the drum & bass scene depresses us at the moment; the whole state of the large majority of the scene is quite depressing. In fact, we'd like to say it's almost completely removed from what we do." But while the duo are drafting in some minimal techno heavyweights for a forthcoming remix album, their Fabriclive mix takes in names from drum & bass past and present such as Instra:mental, Rufige Crew, Logistics and Photek. Says the duo, "Listening to this mix, we hear what drum & bass was when it started out—we hope to enlighten people about where it came from."
01. Commix - Life We Live
02. Rufige Crew - Sometime Sad Day
03. D-Bridge - Creatures of Habit
04. Alix Perez - The Reckoning
05. Data - The Causeway
06. Logistics - Murderation
07. Commix - Justified
08. Spectrasoul - Buried
09. Calibre - Can’t Get Over You
10. Lynx & Alix Perez Ft. Kemo - Dangerous
11. Commix - Belleview (D-Bridge’s Belle-reviewed Mix)
12. Spectrasoul & Ben E - Suppression
13. Calibre - In Denial
14. Commix - Bear Music
15. OAK - No Sunrise
16. Jonny L - Common Origin
17. Breakage - Old School Ting
18. Instra:mental - No Future
19. Photek - Yendi
20. Instra:mental - Photograph
Fabric will release Commix's Fabriclive 44 in the UK on February 2 and in the US on March 10.