Swedish Egil is a veteran DJ in the Los Angeles area. His 10 years of experience has seen him spin at some of the finest clubs across the US, and this experience went on to see him found Groove Radio in 1992. Groove Radio was one of the first Radio Station’s to hit the US airwaves, and Swedish Egil, one of the pioneers at Groove has mixed a compilation of the biggest progressive cuts in the last year or so.
This is a true party cd in every sense of the word. There is no beating around the bush as Egil gets straight into it by opening with “Safe from Harm” by Narcotic Thrust. Timo Mass also features first with his remix of Starecase’s “See” and then with the original vocal mix of “Shifter”. The brilliant acid sounds of Josh Wink’s mix of FC Kahuna’s “Machine Say Yes” is a definite highlight. Satoshi Tomiie mixes Kosheen’s vocal monster “Hungry” while there is Bedrock influence to the end of the cd, first with their remix of “Walking On Fire” by Evolution, and finally the Bedrock mix of Brancaccio & Aisher’s “Lovely Day”.
Not a classic, but a perfect ingredient for the soundtrack to a party. Bigger more known, but not at all cheesy, anthems are the order of the day. Efficiently compiled and mixed, and worth a look for those looking for some of those fave tunes on one cd.
01. Safe From Harm - Narcotic Thrust
02. Fly With Me (Ashley Beedle's vocal) - Coloursound
03. Sting Me Red (Clever) - What Da Funk feat: Terra Deva
04. A Little Paranoid - Different Gear
05. See (Timo Maas Mix) - Starecase
06. Shifter (Full Vocal mix) - Timo Mass feat: Chickaboo
07. Madam Hollywood (Ralph Myerz remix) - Felix da Housecat
08. La La Land (Futureshock mix) - Green Velvet
09. Superfreak (Freak) - Wink
10. Machine Says Yes (Josh Wink's Interpretation) - FCKahuna
11. Love Story (Original mix) - Layo & Bushwacka!
12. Hungry (Satoshi Tomie Vocal mix) - Kosheen
13. Walking on Fire (Bedrock Vocal mix) - Evolution
14. It's Gonna Be (A Lovely Day) -Brancaccio & Aisher
Other Nettwerk reviews