This pub was established by 1670, when it was called the Robin Hood, becoming the Red Lion by 1754. It was a Truman’s pub from at least 1873. The pub was rebuilt in 1891, when it was acquired by the Cannon Brewery, later passing to Ind Coope.
In the 1970s it became very well-known as a live music venue and is famous locally as being the venue for one of Led Zeppelin’s first London gigs. Other notable bands to have played here include Yes, Genesis and Roxy Music.
This pub reopened in June 2011.