"Bara Bröst" (literally "just breasts") is the name of a cultural movement of Swedish feminists, pleading for women to be allowed topless in public. Up-and-coming Berlin based producer duo Benjamin Quint (Qunique) and Markus Schwarzbauer (Opescure) lov..
"Bara Bröst" (literally "just breasts") is the name of a cultural movement of Swedish feminists, pleading for women to be allowed topless in public. Up-and-coming Berlin based producer duo Benjamin Quint (Qunique) and Markus Schwarzbauer (Opescure) love the movement so much that they chose to endorse it by adapting the name for their production team.
The two have been friends since school and have shared an apartment in the Neukölln district in Berlin for over two years now. They converted their living room into a studio and office space. "That way, we can meet up any time we are inspired by the Muses with no effort."
This intense partnership enabled them to develop their very own vision and understanding of sound. Their music is a combination of funky House and Berlin influenced Minimal-Techno. The distinct trademark of a Bara Bröst beat is the soft but deep kick, the rolling House-Groove just around 124 bpm combined with very heavy Dub-Bass-Lines.
“We found our common ground in House because we appreciate and respect the high standard of present productions. We grew up with all sorts of different styles like Funk, Break-Beats, Hip Hop, Jazz and stuff that we stumbled across in our fathers’ record collections. Hence, the main criteria for our music is that it must be entertaining. It should touch you on an emotional level, no matter what tempo it is based on or how clever a sound was created. Otherwise producing tunes would become as mundane as working the assembly-line.“
Bara Bröst tracks are by no means hasty one-timers.
“In total, the two of us look back on 30 years of DJ and production experience. So at this point it is so very rewarding to us to be able to express nearly any emotion almost instantaneously in our art. Therefore, we want to share the fun we have throughout productions with every crowd on the dance floor.”
They succeed in doing so during their live performances, at home and abroad. Having an eye for vibes with clubbers, Bara Bröst manage to keep them surprised with playful charm and excitement.
During live shows and back-to-back DJ-sets Bara Bröst create an intense connection to their audience. It was not only their name and stage-outfits at the ODYSSEY FESTIVAL in Gothenburg last summer, that fascinated the crowd. They had celebrated live performances in many clubs such as Tape (Berlin),
Ritter Butzke (Berlin), VCF (Berlin), B2 (Nuremberg), Substanz (Osnarbrueck), The Dirt (London).
On a regular basis, Bara Bröst perform in Berlin’s local club-nights at VCF and Suicide Circus. In addition, they will play live at the LUFT & LIEBE FESTIVAL in Berlin, release another vinyl on ALPACA Records and will elaborate on both their Studio Mix-Series "EIS AM STIL" and "LA BOUM".
Over the years they figured out how to master tracks for their DJ-sets and whilst evolving into record and graphic designers.
Their first album "ELEPHANCYCLE" will be released on BBE Records in October 2010. The album contains a large spectrum of different music styles and combines them with House. "ELEPHANCYCLE" builds a wide range between danceable club-music and tunes to get cosy in front of the fireplace.
Selected discography Bara Bröst
• Bara Bröst – Elephancycle – The Remixes Part I – (BBE Records)
• Bara Bröst – Elephancycle – The Single – (BBE Records)
• Bara Bröst – Elephancycle LP – (BBE Records)
• Bara Bröst – Madame Mila | Fraulein Lea Single – (BBE Records)
• Bara Bröst – Bara Bootlegs – (available on Soundcloud)
• Bara Bröst – Alpaca Special 001 – (Alpaca Records)
• Dole & Kom feat. Bara Bröst – Brother Express – (Alpaca Records)
• Phantogram – Bloody Palms Remixes by dOP & Bara Bröst – (BBE Records)
• Bara Bröst – Palisander – (Red Man Digital)
• Bara Bröst – Dauerwelle EP – (Red Man Digital)
• Liam Soul & Eduhurt – I Love Girls (Bara Bröst Does Too Remix) – (Platte International)
• Georg Levin – Everything Must Change (Bara Bröst Remix) – (BBE Records)
• Georg Levin – Everything Must Change (Bara Bröst Disco Dub Remix) – (BBE Records)
• Soft.nerd – Scared Of You (Bara Bröst Remix) – (available on Soundcloud)
• Jenn – Helene (Bara Bröst Remix) – (Popnorama Records)
• Nika Demio – Always With Me (Bara Bröst Remix) – (Bubbles On The Air Records)
• Tim Vità – Shofar Masai (Bara Bröst Remix) – (Hula Hoop Records)
• Spoek Mathombe – Mishini Wam (Bara Bröst OneLove Remix) – (BBE Records)
• Dole & Kom – Brother (Bara Bröst Remix) – (Alpaca Records)
• Phantogram – Bloody Palms (Bara Bröst Remix) – (BBE Records)
• Phantogram – Bloody Palms (Bara Bröst Remix Dub) – (BBE Records)
• Zuul – Kaneda (Bara Bröst`s Neo Tokyo Edit) – (Red Man Digital)
• Mi Angelo – Eye On (Bara Bröst Remix) – (Red Man Digital)
Tracks appear on:
ALPC Special 001 :: various artists [digital only] – Workaholic - (Alpaca Records)
Hier ist...Berlin 2 – German Electronic Underground Volume 5 - Orient Express (Dole & Kom Remix) - (Tretmuehle)
Minimal Consciousness - Rock Sugar (Bara Bröst vs. Nanopole) - (Muenchen)
Miami Club Charts Vol. II - Rock Sugar (Bara Bröst vs. Nanopole) - (Electro Babes)
Tech Selection - Rock Sugar (Bara Bröst vs. Nanopole) - (Minli Music New York)