He has remixed Robbie Williams "Lovelight", Basement Jaxx "Take Me Back To Your House", Bob Sinclar "Everybody Movin" and countless others including Erick Morillo, Paul Johnson, Steve Mac and Full Intention.
From an early age it was obvious that Kurd Maverick had a musical talent. Honing his varied musical interests throughout his youth, Kurd had toured throuh Europe with a band before he discovered electronic music at a club in Dusseldorf.
He quickly became fascinated with DJing. Applying his natural aptitude for rhythms and melodies, while taking influences from the likes of Daft Punk, Armand Van Helden and Todd Terry, Kurd quickly developed a passion for House music. He made his debut at venues such as the NOH CLUB and Tribehouse before securing his first DJ residency and establishing a strong reputation.
In 2001 Kurd embarked on his production career. Primarily working on re-edits and remixes of well known classics, Kurd’s productions were supported by number key taste-makers and his skills as a producer were immediately recognized. The interest in his remake of Techotronic’s ‘Pump Up The Jam’ was unexpected and upon its release Kurd Maverick gained widespread success and immediately established himself as a recognized producer. Kurd’s second single ‘The Rub’ went onto achieve similar success and consequently enhanced his reputation as a gifted producer.
Through his talent and creative vision, Kurd’s appeal quickly increased and, in addition to his production work, he established himself as a leading remixer and international DJ. He has so far remixed the likes of Robbie Williams, Bob Sinclar, Basement Jaxx, Herbert Groenemeyer, Rosenstolz, Erick Morillo, Boy George, Pet Shop Boys and Paul Johnson.
In 2006, Kurd collaborated with Eddie Thonieck on ‘Love Sensation’. Peaking at #1 in the German Dance Charts and hitting the Commercial Sales Charts around the world, ‘Love Sensation’ achieved worldwide success and firmly placed Kurd Maverick amongst the industry’s premier producers. He has subsequently followed this up with releases such as ‘Let’s Work’ and ‘Strings Of Tortuga’ which were signed by CR2 in the U.K. and labels such as Vendetta, Rise and Kontor in other international territories. In 2009, Kurd is set for further international success with his remake of New Order’s seminal ‘Blue Monday’ which is due for release on Data and arrived at BUZZ No.1 and several dance charts all over the world.
As a DJ, Kurd has rocked clubs and festivals in all corners of the globe from London, Paris, Barcelona and Moscow to Sao Paulo, Bogota and Sydney. He mixes funky, dirty, rolling basslines with groovy and entrancing beats to create his uniquely energetic and popular style. Through keeping his productions and DJ sets unique, Kurd Maverick’s popularity and international profile continues to rise and he is set for a great year in 2010.
Selected discography Kurd Maverick
- Gian – Get Up / (Opaque Music)
- Gian vs Doc Phatt – How Gee / (Opaque Music)
- Kurd Maverick – Insatiable Dreams / (Opaque Music)
- Kurd Maveriuck – Ritmo De Libertad / (Opaque Music)
- Kurd Maverick – Feel / (Opaque Music)
- Eddie Thoneick & Kurd Maverick – Love Sensation / (Ministry of Sound / UK)
(#1 UK Dance Charts, Buzz Charts, German Dance Charts )
- Kurd Maverick – The Rub / (CR2 Records)
(#1 Buzz Charts )
- Kurd Maverick - Let's Work / (Kontor Records)
- Kurd Maverick - Strings Of Tortuga / (Opaque Music)
- Kurd Maverick – Blue Monday / (Ministry of Sound / UK)
(#1 Buzz Charts, Top 3 Dance Charts, Top 50 Media Control, many other charts)
-Kurd Maverick feat. Sam Obernik – Love Emergency / (CR2 / Opaque Music)
- Kurd & Rud – Ring Ring Ring / (Kontor)
- Kurd Maverick - Shine a light / (Otune! Records)
- Markus Binapfl, Kurd Maverick, Armand Pena – Dreamer / (Otune! Records / Ministry of Sound)
- Kurd Maverick faet. Terri B! - N.Y.C. (Otune! Records) (Buzz charts)
- Kurd Maverick - Warum Nisht! (Cr2 Records)
- Kurd Maverick feat. Terri B! - N.Y.C. - The Remixes (Otune! Records)
- Kurd Maverick - Happy Days (Hotfingers/303Lovers)
- Kurd Maverick - Hell Yeah (Spinnin' Records)
- D.O.N.S. feat. Technotronic – Pump Up The Jam
- Tom Novy – Take It
- Markus Gardeweg – Hello
- zuHouse Rockers – Brazilla
- Erick Morillo – Waiting In The Darkness
- Andrea T Mendoza – Can’t Fake It
- Plastic Dreams – Fuse – Move Your Body
- Underground Movement – Shake
- John Dahlbäck – Nothing Is For Real
- Chic Flowerz – Gypsy Woman
- Made & Sax feat Michele Weeks - I'm Coming Up
- Sonique - Tonight
- Full Intention – Soul Power
- Paul Johnson - Get Get Down
- Soul Avengerz - Dont Let The Morning Come
- Steve Mac - Lovin You More
- Herbert Grönemeyer - Zeit Das Sich Was Dreht ( EMI – World Soccer 2006 Song)
- Bob Sinclar - Everybody Movin
- Robbie Williams - Lovelight
- Eddie Thoneick – I wanna freak you
- Rosenstolz – Wie weit ist vorbei
- Sidney Simpson – Riverside
- Eddie Thoneick – Love under pressure
- Pet Shop Boys – Love etc.
- Example – Watch the sun come up
- Alex Gaudino – I’m in Love
- Mert Hakan - Disco Friends (Kurd Maverick Remix)