As many eventual musicians, Swiss born Laurent Bovey’s childhood was an exploration through sound, a young and perhaps subconscious fascination with music in all its genres and moods. Carving his way through metal, hip hop, seventies psychedelia and ev..
As many eventual musicians, Swiss born Laurent Bovey’s childhood was an exploration through sound, a young and perhaps subconscious fascination with music in all its genres and moods. Carving his way through metal, hip hop, seventies psychedelia and eventually winding up deep in electronica in his late teens, Laurent identified a natural talent and passion for electronic production. Divulging his growing love of minimal, techno and house whilst finding artistic partnership with Gregorythyme in 2003, the duo formed Digitaline whose live project has since soared; snapped up by Luciano’s Cadenza in 2005 to kick start a now robust collection of EP’s and an album on the globally recognised label. Going on to release their work on CityFox, Minibar and GS Zurich, Digitaline continue to be a prevalent part of the Live circuit playing at the world’s finest electronic institutions and festivals including Panorama Bar, fabric, Cocoon, Space, DC10, Mutek and Movement (DEMF).
Branching out to explore the more solitude direction of solo work, Laurent Bovey began to build his Laps moniker and in 2007, hit out with the percussive draw and intricately crafted ‘Jolie’ EP on Smallville Records. Drawing inspiration from every facet of his acoustic surroundings, Lap’s sonic direction blends the warm and balmy depths of house while retaining the raw, organic drive of techno. From the incessantly infectious groove on his recent ‘Smokey’ Cadenza Lab EP, to the dark and smouldering edge of his ‘Horko’ EP on Seuil’s Eklo; Laps sound sculpting is forever intriguing, technically outstanding and a staple member of dance floors worldwide. As Laps work continues to indulge, early 2012 has laid down two outstanding EP’s - ‘Joyful Process’ on Cadenza and ‘Smokey’ on its sister Lab. Upcoming, we see him grasped by Cesare vs Disorder’s experimental Mean Records with the ‘Startracker’ EP this May followed by a remix of Coey’s ‘How We Do It’ on Swiss label Melisima later in the year. A solid producer and Live act as both Digitaline and Laps, Laurent Bovey safely marks himself as an integral part of today’s electronic music realm.
Selected discography Laps
* Digitaline " Rubicube/Belladone " EP Cadenza 7
* Digitaline " Anticlockwise " Album 2xEP Cadenza 14
* Digitaline " Honolulu " EP Cadenza 19
* Digitaline " Kiri Kiri " Lessizmore Birthday compilation
* Digitaline " Hum Hum " GS02 with knor
* Digitaline "Tapadaka" EP Cadenza 30
* Digitaline "Seeking Attention" EP Cityfox label
* Digitaline " The OZ Factor " EP Minibar 19
* Digitaline " Avalanche " EP Cityfox
* Digitaline " Kaya " EP Cadenza
* Digitaline " Say So " EP Raoul
* Digitlaine " Up And Down My Spin (Africa & Shivers) " EP Cadenza
* Digitaline " Comet " EP Raoul
*RMX Michael Stravostrand Housedays Q Fresa rmx Sushitech06
*Wandler "walk the line" Motoguzzi
*Daypack&Padberg "blackbeauty" RMXs 2 Mos Ferry
*Alejandro Vivanco "Rojo Pomodoro EP" Andes Music
*"Harry stop eating the sofa rmx" minimood rec.
*Lee jones " Closed Circus rmx" cityfox rec
*Ahmet Sismann " move rmx" Slash rec
* Laps " Jolie " EP (03) Smallville records
* Laps " Horko " EP (04) Eklo records
* Laps " No Compute " Digital release Cadenza Lab 2011
* Laps " Smokey " Digital release Cadenza Lab 2012
* Laps " Joyful Process " EP Cadenza Rec. 2012