Bertrand Lacroix first became interested in music and vinyl records at a very young age thanks to his father who is a big collector of phonographs and owns a lot of 78 RPM records of American Jazz, Beebop, and Swing…
Bertrand Lacroix first became interested in music and vinyl records at a very young age thanks to his father who is a big collector of phonographs and owns a lot of 78 RPM records of American Jazz, Beebop, and Swing. Fully immersed in this atmosphere of mechanical music, he rebelled during his teens and started becoming interested in electronic music.
He received his first mixing deck in 1990 for his 12th birthday. Though it was a very basic device, it enabled him to mix the several samples he created thanks to his tape recorders and his vinyl deck. New Beat music, Acid Music and hip hop were his favourite musical genres back then...
Today, after many years of musical activism, deejaying, productions and the opening and running of a record shop, he comes back to us and presents his new solo producer project: MÔME, which is mainly a blend of all his early influences and former experiences. The basic foundation of Môme’s sound is House with slight accents of Deep, Acid and Techno music.
Selected discography Môme
- Môme / ‘Control EP’ /w Tevo Howard remix / Fragil Musique (10”)
- Môme / ‘Tikka EP’ / Housewax (12”)
- Môme / 'Yodler EP' / Lake Placid (12”)
- Môme / ‘For One Day EP’ /w Jonas Sella and Och remix / FTWR (12”)
- Kenny Lane / 'Different Voices' Môme remix / Aggregat (12”)
- Môme / EP /w Stefan Goldmann remix / Victoriaville (12”)
- Môme / 'Gang&Gang EP’ /w Alden Tyrell & Gerd and Marquis Hawkes remix / 4Lux (12”)
- Môme / 'Basement Basics' VA / 124 recordings (12”)
- Môme / ‘A Fistul Of Wax 5’ VA / Skylax (12”)
- Môme / ‘Tom Tam Club’ VA / Holic Trax (12”)
- Apollonia / Fabric 70 (Môme ‘Control’ Tevo Howard remix)