Mexico’s most respected DJ Tini Tun has crossed frontiers, being acknowledged in North America, Europe, and Asia for his distinguishable talent as a producer and DJ. He achieved a residency at Twilo NYC, one of the most prestigious electronic clubs in..
Tini Tun was born and raised in Mexico City, in 1990, along with his brother DJ Quecho, he formed one of the most important electronic bands in Mexico called Conditus. They composed several tracks like “Move Your Hands in the Air” and “Neptuno” which were released on several major dance compilations in his country.
A year later at the age of 15, Tini Tun began his DJ career playing at the first rave parties in Mexico City, with excellent response from the audience. He became one of the pioneers of progressive music in the Mexico electronic scene. From then on, he has played around the country in all major cities like Monterrey, Guadalajara, Tijuana, Puebla, Cuernavaca, Morelia, Chihuahua, Culiacan, Merida, Cancun, Acapulco, Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Playa del Carmen, among others. Every year he is invited to play at the legendary BPM Festival in Playa del Carmen.
Today, Tini Tun is asked to play around the world for his rapid career record and impressive impact on the international audience. He has played in several countries like Costa Rica (Contacto Parties), Peru, Argentina, Guatemala, El Salvador, the UK, Switzerland, Prague, Russia, Canada, Puerto Rico, the USA and South Korea.
After becoming a member of the prestigious Balance Record Pool back in 1997, he performed in several festivals and clubs across the US at The Mardi Gras Festival in New Orleans, San Francisco (1015), New York (Twilo), Chicago (Crobar), Los Angeles (Giant), Colorado, Virginia, Atlanta, Seattle, Minneapolis and Las Vegas.
He has appeared at the Ministry of Sound Sessions for the UK Radio broadcasted on several radio stations in North America.
In the year 2000 Tini Tun played in front of 15,000 people at the ACA World Fest in Acapulco with an excellent performance.
In 2002, John Digweed shows Tini Tun as the first Mexican DJ, to be on his radio show Kiss FM in London, having a great response from the radio listeners.
In 2013, John Digweed invited him again for his radio show called Transitions.
Performance with international DJs
Tini Tun has shared stage with prestigious Dj like: Sasha, John Digweed, Guy Gerber, Hernan Cattaneo, Martin Buttrich, Heidi, Nick Warren, Lee Burridge, Bill Patrick, Blue Amazon, Paul Van Dyk, Chris Fortier, Jimmy Van M, John Creamer, Mobius Strum, Audiofly, Sean Cusick, Dave Seaman, Paul Oakenfold, Butch, Sandra Collins, Taylor, Anthony Pappa, Luke Fair, Pole Folder, Randall Jones, Quecho, Light, Balcazar & Sordo, The Midnight Perverts, Richie Hawtin and Sven Vath, to name a few.
"You will find Tini as a versatile dj in progressive house. His taste ranges from melodic techno tribal to trance and he can segue from one style to another then back again seamlessly. What he lacks in ego and attitude he more than makes up for in generosity and humility." -Sean Cusick
"Tini broke with progressive south of the border for years, now his breaking in North America and we welcome him" -Chris Fortier
"Tini Tun, Mexico City’s leading progressive Dj, supplies Over it, a skeletal, bottom heavy house groove." -Nick Warren Global Underground Shangai #28
Selected discography Tini Tun
• Tini Tun - "We Are Here" (mixed album) / We Are Here Records.
• We Are Here: Selected Works Compiled by Tini Tun / Stripped Digital.
• Tini Tun – A Stream Of Light In A World Of Darkness / Pro B-Tech Records
• Vazik & Tini Tun – Samurai / Mindwarp Records.
• Tini Tun & Hugo Ibarra “Lovely Girl” / We Are Here Music.
• Tini Tun & Hugo Ibarra “Summer Thing” / Hype Muzik.
• Tini Tun & Hugo Ibarra “All Is Mine” / Sounds Of Earth.
• Tini Tun “Noisy Distractions” / Stripped Digital.
• Tini Tun & Hugo Ibarra “Emerge” / Atmospehere Records.
• Tini Tun & Hugo Ibarra “Just Follow My Lead” / Stripped Digital.
• Tini Tun “Happy Accident” / We Are Here Records.
• Tini Tun "Unfinished Business EP" / Kansak Recordings.
• Tini Tun "Inspiration" (REMIXES) / We Are Here Records.
• Tini Tun "Inspiration" / We Are Here Records.
• Tini Tun "It's All Right" / Acute Recordings.
• Tini Tun "Over it" / Global Underground. Selected by Nick Warren Shangai #28
• Tini Tun "Ekawa" Dj Zone / Sony Records.
• Tini Tun "Just Feel it" / Love Parade Mexico's compilation / Sony-BMG
• Astroglyde vs Naiki & Tini Tun "Una Fresca" / Automatic Records UK
• Recreate DVD Soundtrack "Una Fresca" / Moonshine Records USA. Remixed by Andy Ling. Visuals by Exotic Robots.
• Iman "Siente" / Fade Records. Top 20 in the Mixer Magazine on September 2001
• Arqana – Delicada Tormenta (Tini Tun Remix) / We Are Here Music
• Pete Bones – Metronome (Tini Tun Remix) / Red Ant Records.
• Uv – Make It Better (Tini Tun Remix) / We Are Here Music.
• Blue Amazon – No Other Love (Tini Tun Remix) / Convert Recordings.
• Öona Dahl – Somewhere We Go (Tini Tun Remix) / Stripped Recordings.
• Itzone – Ambient Theories (Tini Tun Remix) / Thirteen Moon Recordings.
• D00sh – 2013 (Tini Tun Remix) / Sounds Of Juan.
• Michael & Levan and Stiven Rivic – Uranium (Tini Tun Remix) / Stripped Recordings.
• Chris Fortier – Shulgin Prophecies (Tini Tun Remix) / Fade Records.
• Memory Machine – Back Alley (Tini Tun Remix) / Mindwarp Records.
• Momu “Comin’Up Alright” (Tini Tun Remix) / Looq Records.
• Autim “Fragment” (Tini Tun Remix) / Sound Of Juan.
• Signal Deluxe – Poison Ivy (Tini Tun 2011 Remix) / Sounds Of Earth.
• Dj Christ “Dig This” (Tini Tun Remix) / Endemic Digital.
• Android Cartel “Deathstar Disco” (Tini Tun Remix) / Fade Records.
• AlterImage "Time Change" (Tini Tun & Mau V Remix) / AlterImage Recordings.
• Signal Deluxe "Poison Ivy" (Tini Tun remix) / Sounds Of Earth.
• Issac "Sense" (Tini Tun & Mau V remix) / Looq.
• Derek Howell "Sneaky Pete" (Tini Tun remix) / We Are Here Records.