Mr Boogie (Soulsa/Melting Pot), DJ Reverb (Head Honcho, Shoreditch Radio), Megatron (Black Cherry), Kiss My Teeth DJs, Groin Exchange DJs, Scotch On The Socks DJs, SoRoParty (Blue Rinse), The Anoraks DJs, Vic Hollup, Dance Dance Dance To The Radio DJs
Shoreditch Radio is Shoreditch's finest internet radio station...with shows covering music, cabaret, comedy, lifestyle, local affairs and more. This event is the first of a series of events to expose the music & DJs on the station.
For more information about Shoreditch Radio, please go to: http://www.shoreditchradio.co.uk.
Free before 10pm / £5 after with a flyer or print-out of this
£4 if you send a text saying shoreditchradio to 81222
2-for-1 cocktails + free food 'til 8pm!
Shoreditch Radio's first club night will come in two halves.
Early, DJs/presenters will play music across the board:
* Born in Norway, Vic Hollup moved determinedly to London in 2000, becoming a DJ and running her own Scandinavian-themed club night in Shoreditch. Her show is both eclectic and opinionated, as we expect her musical choice to be!
SoRoParty (Blue Rinse)
* Blue Rinse celebrates the good, the bad and the old; the mad, the rowdy and the senile. She has appeared at the Mumford and Son/Cherbourg-founded Communion and has also DJed for the likes of Chew Lips, Damien Rice and alongside Paloma Faith, as she reaches, delves and smashes music from through the decades.
Scotch On The Socks
* Longstanding London DJs and troublemakers Omar and Owen's Scotch On The Socks is based on an eclectic mix of retro sounds, topical featured artists and informative wit.
Kiss My Teeth
* "bundles of old wicked album tracks to fresh-out-the-blogs sparkling trendsetters, with a bag bursting full of B sides, baselines, rarities and remixes, bootlegs to broken beats, Reggae to Folk, Hip Hop too Blues, Funk, Disco, Drum and Bass and all the wonderful things in-between - we got it all in check!"
* Notepads in hand and hoods pulled tight. The Anoraks bring you the best bands and electronic artists coming up in and around Shoreditch. Listen out for a rapid round up of riddim, as they play Reggae, Rock Steady, Go - travel with them as they plot the musical map of the world.
* Groin Exchange are a Suffolk-born trio comprising presenter Jonny Cantlay alongside Dan Hayes and Oli Goss. Formed in 2009 in Stoke Newington, they're inspired heavily by kraut rock, nu-disco and early 90’s dance culture.
Dance Dance Dance To The Radio
* Not content with causing trouble on the dance floor, London DJs Mikey Four and Jeff Automatic are now broadcasting on shoreditchradio.co.uk... their noses are so firmly pressed against the 21st century, they're a bit sore. From the club to the radio studio to the club, they play cool, new tracks in a nu-disco, electro style but always "send 'em home singing".
Late, it's a party - with dancefloor grooves from DJs:
Megatron (Black Cherry)
* Miss Meg is part of cool East London electronic act Black Cherry. As a DJ, she's rocked dancefloors across the UK scene and everywhere else from Dublin, Belgium, Paris, LA, Las Vegas, Miami, New York. Her eclectic, electric presence is sought after for fashion parties, launches and exhibitions. There’s nothing simply black and white about the colourful Miss Meg.
DJ Reverb (Head Honcho, Shoreditch Radio)
* This man is the head honcho of the station but is often to be found in his guise as DJ Reverb in the finest clubs and bars across Shoreditch and beyond.
Mr Boogie a.k.a The Vinyl Junkie (Soulsa/Melting Pot)
* Melting Pot and Soulsa are primarily focused on the classic sounds of Black & Latin New York (Latin, Salsa, Soul, Jazz, Funk, Rare Groove, Boogie & Disco...with a bit of Brazilian and House on the side). Expect a firin', dancefloor-filling set with all of the above!