Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre is the most exciting concert space in the heart of downtown Detroit.
View the venue listing
Nick Speed & Problematic Black Hottie will be spinning live at The Aretha: Lake Lounge on Friday, October 2nd!
Friday, October 2nd, 2020 from 8pm - 1am
MeanRed has teamed up with Paramita Sound to bring their acclaimed "94 to East Africa" series to the Lake Lounge at The Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre! Join us as we welcome two of Detroit's hottest selectors for a night celebrating the wide-ranging influence of African culture on dance music, hip hop, and beyond!
The night will feature sets by Nick Speed, Detroit legend and perhaps one of the most well-connected producers in the city, as well as Problematic Black Hottie, one of our favorite local talents and a rising star in Detroit and beyond. Don't miss one of the last opportunities to enjoy outdoor music before the summer season comes to a close; get your tickets today, and we'll see you at the lounge!
We hope that attendees will join us in setting a good example for ourselves and for others by following the recommendations set out by the State of Michigan and the CDC. In an effort to do our part, MeanRed and The Aretha have developed the following safety protocols that will be strictly enforced at the event:
- Masks must be worn upon entry.
- Masks must be worn at all times during the event, including when you're with people that you arrived with.
- Guests should seat themselves with the groups they arrived with, and keep a safe distance between themselves and other groups. Table reservations are strongly recommended.
- Masks may only be removed when drinking or eating, and must be quickly put back on afterwards.
- Keep a minimum 6 feet of distance between people and groups that you did not arrive with.
- All events are rain or shine.
Nick Speed, Problematic Black Hottie