Zamil, Esinem (www.esinem.com), Nawashi Murakakawa (www.nawashimurakawa.com), BeShibari (www.beshibari.com), Shadow, Nawa Koneko, Rod Mcdondald, Manuel Vason (www.manuelvason.com), Jamie McCartney (www.brightonbodycasting.com), Mark Boyce (www.markboycedesigns.com), 'patalab (www.patalab.com), many more to be announced
The London Festival of the Art of Japanese Bondage 25-28 June, 2009
The London Festival of the Art of Japanese Bondage will be totally unique. We are keen to promote kinbaku (aka shibari/Japanese rope bondage) as an artistic inspiration, a performance art in its own right and as a means of erotic communication, whilst sharing knowledge about it and its cultural context.
The venue will be themed with Japanese décor, food, drinks, live music, demonstrations and, of course, girls in kimonos.
• Thurs, 25 June, 8pm - 12pm: Kinbaku Salon, an opportunity for photographers and artists to capture the amazing work of Nawashi Murakawa, a highly skilled illustrator and bondage artist, with a traditional Japanese theme.
• Fri, 26 June, 8pm - 12pm: An exhibition of Japanese bondage art, including the iconic Yoshitoshi woodblock print "The Lonely House on Adachi Moor", photography, ceramics, body casting and other mediums, plus bondage performances and talks by the artists. A great opportunity to socialise and meet the stars of the event.
• Sat, 27 June, 12am - 6pm: A series of workshops and classes to enhance your bondage related skills, e.g. speed bondage by Zamil of Osada Ryu, bondage photography workshop, ‘Tying people, not parcels’ by Esinem; plus a rope free-for-all in the dojo with cushioned floor and multiple suspension points, with expert advice on hand, where you can tie or be tied.
• Sat, 27 June, 10pm - till late: The big rope party with an international cast of top bondage performers throughout the night. In addition to traditional style shibari shows, there will be some interesting and unusual ones. We have been promised a blend of rope and butoh, zentai, plus ‘suspension meets Jackson Pollock’ for starters...
• Sun, 28 June, 2pm - 7pm: Presentations on tying skills, history of kinbaku, “What do you get from bondage” Q& A panel session and other fascinating subjects, plus market, shiatsu massages, acupuncture and lots more.
• Sun, 28 June, 7pm - 11pm: Festival of Japanese films, including private footage of grand-master, Akechi Denki.