1. You're here promoting your new mix CD Slice! What can you tell us about this latest release?
It's a more complete Lucien Foort picture of where I'm at musically at the moment.
2. It's been two years since your last CD came out, how is Slice! different or similar to your previous release?
There is more variety in terms of musical styles, so I get to show the people more variation.
3. Having had around 40 vinyl releases, what are some of the more memorable tracks you've worked on?
The first ones when it was all new and exciting, and I didn't know to much about the industry.
4. You kicked off the global Slice! CD tour back in January this year. How are you finding your hectic schedule so far?
It's manageable as long as you keep your eyes on the job to do... I get to see all my friends again and that's cool.
5. Tell me about the time you were allegedly chased back to your car after Homeland 2000 by desperate fans eager for an encore?
It was like 7 in the morning, and myself and Rachel and Eddie Gordon (UK management) were taking off as some enthusiastic fans blocked the car and asked where I was to spin next. It was nice but freaky too coz the longer we waited the more people flocked out.
6. I hear some Australian producers have made it into your record box. Who might they be?
The Almighty Infusion Massive... Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
7. Having been over here a number of times, how do you find the Australian dance music scene compares to others internationally?
You've got your own thing and I hope you'll keep it that way. The UK scene has polluted itself and now everyone's searching for that "next" sound. There is no next sound, there's only originality. They should learn from you guys.
8. What are your thoughts on the changing landscape of progressive house that now incorporates everything from deep house to breaks?
Cross pollination makes for new exiting and different approaches. I think that's where it's at. More variety and less of the same.
9. What can we expect to hear from your upcoming set in Melbourne?
The usual enthusiastic energy driven Lucien Foort experience!
10. What are your plans after you finish the current promotional tour? Get back in the studio and produce more tunes.