The Dutch DJ/producer will launch the new VOLTT imprint with a 16-track compilation.
If you've spent any time near the Dutch club scene over the course of the last ten years, the name VOLTT will undoubtedly have featured in your thinking at one point or another. In addition to their ongoing quest to regularly bring top-tier house and techno talent to Amsterdam's Paradiso venue, VOLTT are also responsible for the annual VOLTT Loves Summer festival, of which resident DJ and promoter Bart Skils is the ringleader.
On his first official mix Skils-who is most famed internationally for his production work alongside Anton Pieete under their own and District One names-blends sixteen cuts of largely Dutch house and techno. Compatriots Lauhaus, Julien Chaptal, Joris Voorn and DJ Madskillz all surface at various points in the mix and are placed alongside similarly veined numbers from Spencer Parker, Alex Celler and Salvatore Freda & Volta.
01. Shakedown Intro
02. David Labeij - Shakedown
03. Lauhaus - Give It Up
04. Simon Baker - Way Out Of My Head (Julien Chaptal's Remix)
05. Salvatore Freda & Volta - Tiramisu (DJ Madskillz Remix)
06. Spencer Parker - Zanzibar (Nick Curly RMX)
07. Anton Pieete - Encore
08. Bart Skils - Catwalk
09. Size - Yeah
10. Julien Chaptal - Mamdaye
11. Carlo Lio - No Booth
12. District One - Dubcrystal
13. Alex Celler - La Palma
14. Joris Voorn - Empty Trash (Dub Mix)
15. Pitto - The Feeling (District One's Feelin'Techno Remix)
16. Jug (feat. Mark Henning) - The Difficult Word (District One Remix)
VOLTT will release VOLTT Volume 1 on October 13th 2009.