The Hotflush label boss will commit the sound of the Berghain's bass night to disc for Ostgut Ton early next year.
Since making its Berghain debut back in July 2008, Scuba, AKA Paul Rose, and Paul Fowler's Sub:stance parties have pretty much become the byword for forward-thinking Berlin bass music. Mala, Martyn, The Bug and Joker have been among the many names brought to the German capital over the last 18 months. The night's first birthday celebrations even saw the bash expand throughout the Berghain complex, with Stacey Pullen and Dan Curtin playing Panorama Bar.
With all this in mind, it should come as no surprise that Osgut Ton will be the home for the Sub:stance mix CD. Compiled and mixed by Rose himself, the disc represents a snapshot of the Scuba sound, with four of his own unreleased cuts making the grade alongside a healthy slab of material from his Hotflush imprint. While nicely varied in its scope and sound, the mix has an undoubted air of the dark side throughout, typified by appearances from Surgeon, Ramadanman and Shackleton.
01. Sigha - Light Swells (In a Distant Space)
02. Airhead - Paper Street
03. Sigha - Early Morning lights
04. Pangaea - Sunset Yellow
05. Joy Orbison - The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow
06. Shortstuff - See Ya
07. Untold - No-one Likes a Smart Arse
08. Scuba - You Got Me
09. Surgeon - Klonk pt 4
10. DFRNT - Headspace (Scuba's secret mix)
11. AQF - Born and Raised (version)
12. Badawi - Anlan 7
13. Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo
14. Mount Kimbie - Maybes (James Blake remix)
15. Sigha - Seeing God
16. Ramadanman - Tempest
17. Instra:mental -Voyeur
18. Sigha - Shapes
19. George Fitzgerald - Don't You
20. Scuba - Minerals
21. Shackleton - It's Time For Love
22. Mala - Stand Against War
23. Scuba - Last Stand
24. Joker - Psychedelic Runway
Ostgut Ton will release Sub:stance on January 25th, 2010.