The Los Angeles label will collect tracks from the Minimal Wave reissue label for the first volume of The Minimal Wave Tapes.
Minimal wave is a broad term used to describe electronic music made in the '70s and '80s on drum machines and synthesisers with a DIY ethic, and has long been the passion of Minimal Wave label owner Veronica Vasicka, who started the imprint in order to reissue limited edition versions of some of her favourite tracks and obscurities from the genre.
Wolf also happens to be a lover and collector of minimal wave, leading the pair to team up to curate The Minimal Wave Tapes Vol. 1. Piecing together cuts from artists such as Oppenheimer Analysis, Crash Course In Science, Martin Dupont and Das Kabinette, the collection gives a rare insight into the more experimental end of synth-pop, as well as providing the opportunity to own the tracks without having to shell out for the rare and expensive original releases. The Minimal Wave Tapes Vol. 1 will be issued both on CD and double vinyl, and will also be made available to digital buyers.
01. Linear Movement - Way Out of Living
02. Crash Course In Science - Flying Turns
03. Oppenheimer Analysis - Radiance
04. Mark Lane - Who's Really Listening
05. Tara Cross - Tempusfugit
06. Turquoise Days - Blurred
07. Bene Gesserit - Mickey, Please...
08. Esplendor Geometrico - Moscú Está Helado
09. Das Ding - Reassurance Ritual
10. Martin Dupont - Just Because
11. Deux - Game & Performance
12. Somnambulist - Things I Was Due to Forget
13. Ohama - My Time
14. Das Kabinette - The Cabinet
Stones Throw will release The Minimal Wave Tapes Vol. 1 on January 26th, 2010.