The UK veteran has mixed the first edition of Strut's new compilation series.
Elstob has been an active DJ in the UK for roughly 15 years, with exploits ranging from club parties like Soulsonic to groups like Dab Hands and the Balearic outfit A Mountain Of One. He's always been an avid crate-digger with highly eclectic tastes, which makes him a perfect fit for Disconnect, a series that aims for the more obscure corners of a DJ's crate. Elstob's inaugural edition courses through reggae, Afrobeat, post-punk, proto-punk and disco, moving from track to track with the skill of a veteran club jock. Avant-garde heroes like Brian Eno and John Cale find their way into the mix as well, as does a portion of Can's classic 18 minute jam "Halleluwah." The compilation is due in stores near the end of November.
01. Desmond & the Tutus - Kiss You On the Cheek
02. Ritual - Sore Lip
03. Kabbala - Ashewo Ara
04. The Piranhas - Vi Gela Gela
05. Essential Logic - Brute Fury
06. Basement 5 - Silicon Chip (Extended Edit)
07. The Dread Flimstone Sound - Ghetto Life
08. Wunmi - Message in a Bottle
09. Chris & Cosey - Exotica (1988 Remix)
10. Propoganda - Frozen Faces (12-inch mix)
11. Indambinigi - Zimba
12. The Unknown Cases - Masimba Bele
13. George G - Hot Lovers
14. Can - Halleluwah
15. Richy B Melodia - Keep It Moving On
16. Brian Eno & John Cale - Spinning Away
17. The Countach - My Oasis
Digital Only: Traks - Wild Safari
Strut will release Leo Zero's Disconnect on November 22nd, 2010.