Natalie Beridze's next LP will come out this spring on Gudrun Gut's label, Monika Enterprise.
Like much of her work to date, the new album pairs Beridze's breathy vocals and poetic lyrics with left-field electronic sounds, which range from ambient to something close to industrial. It's a style that makes her a perfect fit for Monika Enterprise, the label run by Berlin avant-garde veteran (and former Einsturzende Neubauten member) Gudrun Gut. Most of the 14 tracks are previously unreleased, while some come from What About Things Like Bullets, Beridze's EP from last summer. Acclaimed Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto makes a guest appearance on "Blue Shadow," a subtle, a characteristically delicate, piano-driven piece.
For an idea of what the album holds in store, have a look at the video for "What About Things Like Bullets":
01. Nothing Ever Changes...Just Rearranges
02. Forever Has No Shadow
03. What About Things Like Bullets
04. Whatever Falls Is Sumptuous
05. Blue Shadow feat. Ryuichi Sakamoto
06. In the White
07. The Face We Choose to Miss
08. When Dreams Become Responsibility
09. Future Will (Never Come)
10. Best Burden
11. Deeply Superficial
13. Give My Thoughts No Tongue
14. Half This Game Is Ninety Percent Mental
Monika Enterprise will release Forgetfulness in Europe on March 4th, 2011, and in the US on March 15th.