The Swedish producer will release an ambient album next month.
The Swedish producer is best known for his work with Sally Shapiro, the electronic pop artist for whom he's produced up-tempo, Italo-style beats since 2006. Like much of his previous solo work, The Mountain Lake is more about cosmic, reflective ambient tracks, which he says were inspired by "science fiction movies, Buddhism and the Swedish landscape." Agebjoern's disco flair still comes across despite the album's somber tone, as indicated by the opening track, an ambient cover of "Spacer Woman From Mars" with Shapiro on vocals. The album also includes his remix of "The Chameleon" by Italians Do It Better group Glass Candy.
Agebjoern will release another album called Casablanca Nights in May. Though most of the details are still unconfirmed, he says it will blend his usual disco pop sound with elements of classical music, "like a radical interpretation of an Erik Satie piece."
01. Johan Agebjoern feat. Sally Shapiro - Spacer Woman From Mars (Ambient Mix)
02. Johan Agebjoern - Amylium Casparium feat. NeonCoil
03. Johan Agebjoern - Underworld Mumble 1
04. Johan Agebjoern - The Stones Are Blasted
05. Johan Agebjoern - Spiral Staircase
06. Johan Agebjoern - Underworld Mumble 2
07. Johan Agebjoern - Swimming Through the Blue Lagoon (Original Casio MT-52 Instrumental)
08. Johan Agebjoern - Zero Gravitation
09. Johan Agebjoern feat. Sylwia van der Wonderland - Take Me Home
10. Glass Candy - The Chameleon (Johan Agebjoern Remix)
11. Johan Agebjoern - Last Tram To Comet Square
12. Johan Agebjoern - Love Ray feat. with Lisa Barra
13. Johan Agebjoern - Siberian Train (Steve Moore Remix)
Lotuspike will release The Mountain Lake on February 8th, 2011.