The London institution flaunts its 4/4 side with a tech house-heavy mix from the London-based DJ.
As a radio station and a mix CD series, Rinse's main focus is all things bass-related, from grime right through to funky, but Radford's mix shows that they dabble in European-style 4/4 as well. Though his roots are in jungle and drum & bass, the London selector has warmed more and more to house music over the years. "When I started playing this stuff, no-one else was really playing it, and people were turning their noses up at it," he says. "It wasn't until they started coming to the clubs, hearing it and seeing what it was doing at the parties, that everyone started getting into it."
Radford mostly sticks to contemporary tech house on the mix, highlighting artists like John Tejada, Subb-an, Solomun and Steve Bug, but there is a hint of bass as well, thanks to Al Bassline's "Bouyancy."
01. Alex Niggeman - Point of No Return
02. Rekleiner - Some People
03. Mark Henning- Sin City
04. Max Cooper - Dark Room (John Tejada Mix)
05. Steve Bug - Wet
06. Agoria - Speechless (Carl Craig Remix)
07. James What - In the Dark
08. Lee Brink - Over You (Wildcats Remix)
09. Noir & Haze - Around (Subb-an Remix)
10. No Artificial Colours - Girl You Know
11. Al Bassline - Bouyancy
12. Tiger Stripes - Voyage (Solomun Remix)
13. Martin Landsky - Morning Caffeine
14. Lazaro Casanova - Morning Confessions
Rinse Recordings will release Rinse: 18 on March 5th, 2012.