The brain behind Ostgut Ton keeps it deep on the label's next mix CD.
Höppner is one of Berghain's most important behind-the-scenes players. He's managed Ostgut Ton, the club's label arm, since it opened seven years ago, and though he says he's always taken a hands-off approach, he's undoubtedly had a big impact on the celebrated label's signature sound. He's also a bit of a dark horse as a DJ—he may not have the quasi-celebrity status of some of his peers, but he's one of Panorama Bar's most dynamic residents, with a deep house style that often veers into disco, techno, 2-step, pop or whatever else strikes his fancy (he also has a habit of playing Underworld on New Year's).
As with past editions in the Berghain and Panorama Bar series, the upcoming mix offers a condensed version of his sound within the club. There is the usual handful of exclusive tracks, though this time they reach beyond the Ostgut Ton family entirely: the contributors are The Mole, Matthew Styles, Dexter and Seattle's Jon McMillion. All four will be released together on one EP.
01. Jon McMillion – T-Station (previously unreleased)
02. Furry Phreaks – Lament For A Dead Computer Part 1
03. Fabrizio Mammarella – Way Out
04. Matthew Styles – Liquid Sky (previously unreleased)
05. Chateau Flight – Welcome (Full Lenght Meex)
06. DJ Gregory – Attend 1
07. The Mole – Hippy Speedball (previously unreleased)
08. Quince – Alfa
09. Manoo – Abyss
10. Like This Productions – Fixation
11. Carsten Jost – Divide Et Impera (K.Lakizz Remix)
12. Whirlpool Productions – One, Two
13. Swan – Can You Rock To This?
14. Gary Martin – Pimping People In High Places (Woodward Ave Mix)
15. Dez Williams – Emotional Blackmail
16. Dexter – X7D (previously unreleased)
17. Americhord – Midnight
18. Scott Grooves – Detroit 808
19. DJ Emanuel – Untitled
20. Andrés – New For U
Ostgut Ton will release Panorama Bar 04 on July 4th, 2012.