Burial, DJ Bone, Alva Noto and DVS1 all feature on the Berghain resident's new mix.
Klock is invariably introduced as a Berghain resident, having been a core member of the family surrounding the Berlin club since it opened in 2004. Along with like-minded artist Marcel Dettmann, he played a big part in shaping the signature sound of Berghain's downstairs room: galloping, uncompromising techno, often delivered in stretches of eight hours or more. But Klock's artistry is by no means restricted to that single club—his profile has shot up internationally over the past few years, and he's proven an ability to make his sound work in venues around the world.
Fabric 66 shows a slightly different side of Klock. “I didn't want to include any of my ‘hits’ from my sets this time," he says. "The idea is more that you have something to discover when you listen.” By interspersing straight up techno tracks from the likes of James Ruskin and DVS1 with understated selections from Trevino, Burial and Alva Noto, Klock shows the range that exists within his trademark style. The mix will be launched with a party at Berghain on October 13th and then at fabric on October 27th.
01. Truncate - Ratio 1
02. DJ Bone - Gemini
03. Trevino - Forged
04. Technasia - Final Quadrant (The Cosmic Beats)
05. DVS1 - Spying
06. K-Hand - Starz
07. Octave One - Terraforming (Kraviz/Klock's 66 Interpretation)
08. Wincent Kunth - Another Journey
09. Sagat - Few Mysteries Solved in A Year of Contact
10. Sigg Gonzalez - Penny Pincher (Head High Mix)
11. Floorplan - Chord Principal
12. D-Knox - Mind Calming
13. Burial - Raver (Edit)
14. Marcel Dettmann – Allies
15. Josh Wink - Are You There? (Ben Klock Remix)
16. Truncate - Coaster
17. Planetary Assault Systems - Flat Tire
18. Steve Rachmad - Rotary
19. Staffan Linzatti - In Time
20. Mathew Johnson - Panna Cotta (Edit)
21. Floorplan - Never Grow Old (Edit)
22. Terence Fixmer - When The Sun
23. James Ruskin - Detached
24. Alva Noto - Monophaser 2
Fabric Records will release Fabric 66 on October 15th, 2012.