The New York outsider house label will feature out-of-print and never-before-released tracks on their first compilation, due out in December.
After a slow start in 2010 and early 2011, the New York-based label (full name: Long Island Electrical Systems) run by Ron Morelli has been on a roll for the last year or so, with nearly 20 releases in 2012 alone. In addition to established producers such as Legowelt and Maxmillion Dunbar, the label has been instrumental in breaking names like Xosar, Bookworms and Terekke.
The two-disc American Noise compilation will feature all of these artists and a host of others, celebrating what would be a particularly fruitful period for practically any dance music label. The first disc will put 11 of the label's out-of-print titles, including a handful from the imprint's white-label series, back into circulation. The second will feature material exclusive to the compilation. In addition to cuts from familiar names like Marcos Cabral and Xosar alias Bonquiqui, the compilation's second part features a new name (Mutant Beat Dance's Beau Wanzer), a track from an unknown artist and a new Delroy Edwards remix of Xosar's "Tropical Cruize."
01. Jahilyya Fields – Servant Garden
02. Steve Moore – Frigia
03. Marcos Cabral – 24 Hour Flight
04. Legowelt – Sark Island Acid
05. Terekke – Pf Pf Pass
06. Maxmillion Dunbar – Cassette Arabic
07. Bookworms – African Rhythms
08. Torn Hawk – Shock Tape
09. Two Dogs in a House – 5th Floor
10. Svengalisghost – Deep Into Memory
11. Vapauteen – Measure
01. Torn Hawk – This is Crime & Lace
02. Bonquiqui – Sandsovtime
03. Terekke – Asidis
04. Legowelt – Ferns From Draconis
05. Bookworms – 360 Waves
06. Unknown Artist – Journey I.
07. Delroy Edwards – Feelings
08. Xosar- Tropical Cruize (Delroy Edwards Remix)
09. Marcos Cabral – Tio Rico
10. Hassan – Merciful And Blessed
11. Beau Wanzer – Jail Lock
L.I.E.S. will release American Noise on December 1st, 2012.