Can, Popol Vuh and Faust all feature on the London label's second exploration of German rock and experimental music from the 1970s and '80s.
Deutsche Elektronische Musik 2 mines the same era as its predecessor (1972-'83) and retains a focus on German experimental rock and electronic music.
The compilation includes many of the acts most closely associated with Krautrock—Can, Faust, Popol Vuh, Neu, Cluster, Amon Düül II—in addition to second wave acts like DAF and more obscure talent such as Bröselmaschine and Niagara.
Harald Grosskopf, whose 1980 album Synthesist was reissued and remixed by New York label RVNG Intl in 2011, also features on the compilation, as does Tangerine Dream member Conrad Schnitzler, who passed away in 2011. UK producer Brian Eno makes an appearance with "Base & Apex," his 1978 collaboration with Moebius and Roedelius. Deutsche Elektronische Musik 2 will be released with extensive sleeve notes penned by David Stubbs, author of 2009 book Krautrock: Cosmic Rock and its Legacy.
01. A.R. & Machines - Globus
02. Can - Halleluwah
03. Roedelius - Le Jardin
04. Michael Rother - Karussell
05. Popol Vuh - Der Grosse Krieger
06. Michael Hoenig - Sun and Moon
07. Agitation Free - You Play For Us Today
08. DAF - Co Co Pino
09. Harald Grosskopf - Emphasis
10. Amon Düül II - A Morning Excuse
11. Conrad Schnitzler & Wolf Sequenza - Fata Morgana
12. Bröselmaschine - Nossa Bova
13. Eno, Moebius & Roedelius - Base & Apex
14. Gila - In A Sacred Manner
15. Wolfgang Riechmann - Himmelblau
01. A.R. & Machines - Als Hätt Ich Das Alles Schon Mal Gesehen (As If I Had Seen All This Before)
02. Gila - Sundance Chant
03. NEU! - Isi
04. Pyrolator - Danger Cruising
05. Sergius Golowin - Die Weisse Alm
06. You - Electric Day
07. Niagara - Gibli
08. Popol Vuh - Ja Sie Sollen Gottes Kinder Heissen Agnus Dei, Agnus Dei
09. Rolf Trostel - Der Prophet
10. Electric Sandwich - China
11. Asmus Tietchens - Zeebrugge
12. Faust - Krautrock
Soul Jazz will release Deutsche Elektronische Musik 2 on 2xCD and 2xLP formats on March 11th, 2013.