The Shogun Audio producer will release his next album in May.
The album is the UK producer's second, following 2009's 1984. A core member of the Shogun Audio roster, Perez's latest full-length takes the same path as others on the imprint—looking beyond standard drum & bass aesthetics, incorporating vocals and exploring other tempos. The music on the collaboration-heavy LP is most obviously influenced by R&B and hip-hop. Perez tries his hand at those genres with vocalists Sam Wills and D'Ablo, as well as UK MCs Riko Dan, Jehst and Foreign Beggars.
In an accompanying press release, Perez says that the record "is a snapshot of [his] past, present and future." A deluxe version of the digital release will feature several remixes of first single "Annie's Song." The abridged vinyl edition will contain three exclusive tracks.
"Annie's Song" was recently given the video treatment, which you can see here. The label has also put up an album preview stream.
02. Broken Heart feat. Two Inch Punch
03. Playing Games feat. D.Ablo
04. Annie’s Song feat. Sam Wills
05. Chroma Chords
06. Move Aside feat. Foreign Beggars
07. Warlord feat. Riko Dan
09. We Could Have Been feat. D.Ablo
10. Villains 1 x Heroes 0 feat. They Call Me Raptor
11. The End Of Us feat. Sam Wills
12. Monolith feat. Foreign Beggars & Jehst
Shogun Audio will release Chroma Chords on May 20th, 2013.