The LA label will release more "outer-orbit dancehall" collaborations with Jamaican vocalists.
The label, run by Cameron Stallones (AKA Sun Araw) and M. Geddes Gengras, pairs experimental producers with Jamaican vocalists. It originally grew out of a collaboration between the two LA-based artists and the iconic reggae group The Congos, which was released by RVNG Intl as Icon Give Thank in 2012. That process inspired them to release more collaborative tracks with vocalists like I Jahbar and Dayone, backed by producers such as Matthewdavid from Leaving Records and Aaron Coyes of Peaking Lights.
Fresh Clipp'd is a follow-up to their previous compilation, Duppy Gun Prod. Vol. 1. It contains new singles by vocalists Sikka Rymes, Arafat Brigande and I Jahbar, with production by Garcia, Genesis Hull and DJ Talus Glider, the latter two of whom appeared on the previous collection. Two Leaving Records affiliates, Ahnnu and Ras G, join Mexico City producer Siete Catorce on remix duties. Three instrumental versions round out the tracklist.
Check out "Love Di People" by Sikka Rhymes featuring John D, with production by Genesis Hull, below.
Sun Araw and M. Geddes Genras both appear in RA's recent film Real Scenes: Los Angeles which you can watch below.
01. Sikka Rymes feat. John D - "Love Di People" prod. by Genesis Hull
02. Arafat Brigande feat. King Lopo - "Whereabouts" prod. by DJ Talus Glider
03. I Jahbar feat. G. Sudden - "Nuff Gal" prod. by Garcia
04. Sikka Rymes feat John D - "Love Di People" (Ahnnu Remix)
05. Arafat Brigande feat. King Lopo - "Whereabouts" (Ras G Remix)
06. I Jahbar feat. G. Sudden - "Nuff Gal" (Siete Catorce Remix)
07. Genesis Hull - "Love Di People" (Instrumental)
08. DJ Talus Glider - "Whereabouts" (Instrumental)
09. Garcia - "Nuff Gal" (Instrumental)
Duppy Gun Productions released Fresh Clipp'd on March 21st, 2016.