Haçienda Classiçal includes symphonic renditions of "Blue Monday," "Good Life" and "Voodoo Ray," among others.
The Haçienda was a Manchester club and live music venue that remains associated with Factory Records, New Order and the rise of acid house in the UK. It closed its doors in 1997, and has since been commemorated with a number of international tours, mix CDs and compilations. Haçienda Classiçal is based on an event series of the same name, which saw the venue's former DJs Graeme Park and Mike Pickering playing club classics accompanied by the Manchester Camerata orchestra. It collects orchestral covers of foundational Haçienda tunes like "Blue Monday" by New Order, "Voodoo Ray" by A Guy Called Gerald, "Good Life" by Inner City and "Strings Of Life" by Derrick May. The compilation is executive produced by former New Order bassist Peter Hook together with producer Phil Murphy.
01. T-Coy - Cariño
02. Ce Ce Rogers - Someday
03. Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend
04. A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray
05. 808 State - Pacific State
06. Kenny Jamin - Can U Dance feat. Fast Eddie
07. FPI Project - Rich In Paradise
08. Joe Smooth - Promised Land feat. Anthony Thomas
09. New Order - Blue Monday
10. Rhythim Is Rhythim - Strings Of Life
11. Soft House Company - What U Need
12. J.M. Silk - House In Eb Minor (I Can’t Turn Around)
13. The Brand New Heavies - Back To Love
14. Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body
15. Inner City - Good Life
16. Armand Van Helden - U Don’t Know Me feat. Duane Harden
17. Xpansions - Move Your Body
18. Kid 'N' Play - 2 Hype
19. Black Box - Ride On Time
20. The Source - You Got The Love feat. Candi Station
Sony Classical will release Haçienda Classiçal on October 21st, 2016.