The debut of this dance music based category at the Annual GRAMMY Awards, to be held on February 13, 2005 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles is a good thing the exposure of dance music. Nominations in the new Best Electronic/Dance Album category are:
- Kish Kash by the Basement Jaxx
- Legion Of Boom by The Crystal Method
- Creamfields by Paul Oakenfold
- Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned by The Prodigy
- Reflections by Paul Van Dyk.
Also representing the electronic side of things in the Best Dance Recording category were claimed by Basement Jaxx Featuring Lisa Kekaula for 'Good Luck', the Chemical Brothers for 'Get Yourself High', Scissor Sisters for 'Comfortably Numb', and two big female commercial pop favourites Kylie Minogue for 'Slow' and Britney Spears for 'Toxic'.