Radio Slave's label celebrates a year of releases with its first label compilation 'Rekids One'. Download an exclusive track inside.
Rekids is the brainchild of Radio Slave, aka Matt Edwards, and James Masters. It’s not the most single-minded label in the world: In the last twelve months, it has released hypnotic techno, electro house, nu-disco and boompty house, often calling in remixers from outside the Rekids stable on the Bs.
'Rekids One' is a 2CD unmixed summary of the label thus far, with the A-sides on disc one and remixes from Partial Arts, Roman Flugel, Claude VonStroke, Prins Thomas, Jesse Rose, Quiet Village and Radio Slave on the second disc. The compilation also includes unreleased remixes of Toby Tobias' 'A Close Shave' and Spencer Parker's 'Beautiful Noise' plus a track by new signing Discemi (Finnish pair Jori Hulkonnen and Tuomas Salmela.) Now, that's a lot of rekids.
To celebrate Rekids' first CD, RA is also offering Spencer Parker's 'Beautiful Noise' from 'Rekids One' as a free download to readers. It'll only be available for a limited time, so get in quick!
Free download: Spencer Parker - Beautiful Noise (download limit reached)
'Rekids One' tracklist
1. Rekid – Next Stop Chicago
2. Toby Tobias – A Close Shave
3. Radio Slave – My Bleep
4. Luke Solomon – Ghouls
5. Spencer Parker – Beautiful Noise
6. Audiofly & Paul Harris – Miscalate
7. Mr G – E.C.G.’ed
8. Radio Slave – Secret Base
9. Toby Tobias – Dave’s Sex Bits
10. Discemi – Von Wright Code
1. Toby Tobias – Dave’s Sex Bits (Quiet Village remix)
2. Toby Tobias – A Close Shave (Brontosaurus remix)
3. Mr G – E.C.G.’ed (Rekid remix)
4. Spencer Parker – Beautiful Noise (Tiger Timing remix)
5. Matt O’Brien – Serotone (Radio Slave’s Panorama Garage remix)
6. Audiofly & Paul Harris – Miscalate (Partial Arts remix)
7. Luke Solomon – Ghouls (Claude Von Stroke remix)
8. Rekid – Next Stop Chicago (Jesse Rose remix)
9. Toby Tobias – A Close Shave (Prins Thomas Disco-Tek Miks)
10. Radio Slave – My Bleep (Roman Flugel remix)
'Rekids One' is released on Rekids on June 18, 2007.