The legendary Italian DJ mixes it up for Eskimo.
It’s no small task to follow-up Prins Thomas’ mind-bending mix Cosmo Galactica Prism, but Eskimo smartly enlisted legendary Italian DJ Daniele Baldelli for the job. Baldelli is one of the first Italian DJs, harkening back to the '60s before the term DJ had even been coined. He has since accumulated 60,000 records and his Cosmic Disco?! Cosmic Rock!!! makes no small use of them, spanning dancehall to disco, r’n’b to synth pop. Playing off the name of Baldelli’s renowned party from the early '80s, Cosmic, the mix also prominently features artists from that golden age of synth-pop. As the madcap inventor of the anything-goes “Dee Jay concert,” expect a seamless psychedelic chug with quite a few WTF moments along the way.
01. Fra Lippo Lippi - Say Something
02. Richard Bone - Mutant Wisdom
03. The Romantics - A Night Like This
04. Kevin Harrison - Ink Man
05. Translator - Break Down Barriers
06. Martha And The Muffins - Danseparc (Every Day It's Tomorrow)
07. The Dream Syndicate - 50 In A 25 Zone
08. Thompson Twins - Beach Culture
09. Positive Noise - Positive Negative
10. David Jackson - Stonewall Stands With Thomas Davies
11. La Bionda - I Got Your Number
12. Torch Song - Prepare To Energize
13. Ray Parker Junior - The Other Woman
14. Strafe Für Rebellion - Mosche Bildt Njet
15. Spirit - Potatoland Theme
16. Spider - Better Be Good To Me
17. Bronx Irish Catholics - Ulster Defense
18. Alicia Bridges - Body Heat
Cosmic Disco?! Cosmic Rock!!! was released on June 24, 2008 by Eskimo.