The pioneering UK dance act is back with a new full-length in September.
Simenon, who is often credited with helping to raise the profile of dance music in the UK through his classic "Beat Dis" single, has been relatively quiet since 2001's Tracks, a 12-inch collaboration with Meat Beat Manifesto's Jack Dangers. It hasn't been for lack of inspiration, however. Instead, the producer has been working quietly on things ever since. But after building up a number of tracks for a proposed album, Simenon trashed the results, deciding to strip everything down to a Minimoog synth and little else. "There's so much that goes around producing records; doing things this way and that. But this was us saying, Fuck it, let’s just record some tunes, you know," says Simenon in the press notes accompanying the album.
Along for the ride are some indie favorites: Jon Spencer, Mark Lanegan (Queens of the Stone Age), Paul Conboy, and David Best (Fujiya & Miyagi) all turn up in some capacity—mostly providing vocals to Simenon's dark tunes. Collaboration, of course, is Simenon's specialty: he was the one behind the decks on Neneh Cherry's "Buffalo Stance" and Seal's "Crazy." That said, we expect the results on Future Chaos to be a tad rawer than those studio confections. Note: early fans to the party will get the chance to grab a limited edition second disc, chock full of remixes from acts like Various Production, Gui Boratto, Michael Fakesch, and more.
01. Smog (feat. Paul Conboy)
02. Butterfingers (feat. Fujiya and Miyagi)
03. Old John (feat. Paul Conboy)
04. Burn the Bunker (feat. Toob)
05. So Special (feat. Paul Conboy)
06. No Bones (feat. Paul Conboy)
07. Black River (feat. Mark Lanegan)
08. Hold Me Up (feat. Paul Conboy)
09. Fuzzbox (feat. Jon Spencer)
Limited Edition Disc
01. Butterfingers (Adam Sky Ravebummer Mix)
02. Butterfingers (Dan Aykroyd Mix by Various)
03. Old John (Future Funk Squad's 'Jonboy' Remix)
04. Burn the Bunker (Toob's WHATGOESONINHEMSBYSTAYSINHEMSBY Mix)
05. So Special (Specialized by Michael Fakesch)
06. So Special (Toob's Special Special Mix)
07. Black River (Gui Borrato Remix)
08. Star (exclusive bonus edition track)
K7 will release Bomb The Bass's Future Chaos on September 15, 2008 in Europe and two weeks later in the United States.