The producer will release his third studio album in September.
Matthew Chicoine, as he's known to his mother, is calling the collaboration-heavy record Perfect Timing, in perhaps a humorous nod back to the moment he first got signed. Chicoine famously served Carl Craig in a restaurant and dropped off a demo, along with some food. That was in 1997, however, and it's been three years since the release of the aptly titled Hiatus on the Horizion. So, what's Chicoine been working on in the meantime? The Recloose live band, mostly, which has been performing throughout New Zealand, Chicoine's current homebase, and the usual European haunts.
Once he finally clambered back into the studio, though, Chicoine basically continued where he stopped off, working with collaborators such as Joe Dukie, Tyna and Jonathan Crawford for the funky slow jams that dot this release.
01. Catch a Leaf feat. Rachel Fraser
03. Can It Be feat. Justin Chapman and Genevieve Marentette
04. So Cool feat. Tyna
05. Solomon's Alive
06. Emotional Funk feat. Tyna
07. Red Road feat. Justin Chapman and Genevieve Marentette
08. The Sanctuary feat. Tyna
09. Deeper Waters feat. Joe Dukie
10. Daydream feat. Rachel Fraser and Jonathan Crayford
Sonar Kollektiv will release Perfect Timing in September.