The veteran techno producer will oversee the first in a new mix series for Renaissance.
Having surfaced twice before on the Renaissance discography alongside his long-term studio partner John Selway, veteran Swedish producer Christian Smith's latest effort for the imprint sees him flying solo and putting together his first official mix since 2003's Live @ Womb 01. The loose concept behind the mix is said to be based upon, "inspiration from the classic Detroit sound and the contemporary dance floor," and will be spread across two discs.
The first CD serves cuts of a mainly European ilk with tracks from Humate, Stimming, Technasia and Nic Fanciulli and Steve Mac, while Disc 2 offers helpings of Smith's unreleased material alongside tracks from Samuel L. Session, Guy J, Pan-Pot and Timo Maas. "I wanted to do something special that stands the test of time," said Smith on the mix, "but that has not been done for Renaissance before."
01. Taho – Atlantess
02. Subotic – The Seed
03. Humate – Love Stimulation (Radio Slave Mix)
04. Stimming – The Kiss (Ripperton Mix)
05. Technasia – Crosswalk
06. Christian Smith & John Selway - Daytona
07. Secret Cinema - Kurzweil
08. DJ Yellow feat. Rucyl - In My Heart
09. Quince featuring Paris The Black Fu - My Life's Rhythm
10. Nic Fanciulli & Steve Mac - 10%
11. Psycatron – Tipping Point
01. Christian Smith & John Selway – Manfreak (Athos Mix)
02. Samuel L. Sessions - Can You Relate (Slam Remix)
03. Wehbba – The Hiss
04. Alex Under – FI (Tobias Remix)
05. Christian Smith & John Selway – Mistral (Pietee Mix)
06. Karotte - All She Wants Is
07. Christian Smith & Reset Robot - Elixir (Gary Beck Remix)
08. Guy J – Bianca
09. Pan-Pot – Confronted
10. Florian Meindl - Here Today Gone Tomorrow
11. Christian Smith – Indecent Exposure
12. Timo Maas – Jetstream
13. Carlo Dall Anese & Diego Logic – Brigadeiro Demais Engorda
14. Psycatron – Directions
15. Cirez-D – On Off
Renaissance will release Platform on September 7, 2009.