The French label will release a retrospective compilation later this month.
Since 2003, Freak n' Chic has been a consistent source of minimal-edged house and techno, releasing dozens of 12-inches by artists like Anthony Collins, Jamie Jones, Shonky and Maayan Nidam. Co-founded by DJ and producer Dan Ghenacia, the label throws parties around the world and holds a residency at Batofar, a floating club docked in the middle of Paris.
Freakest Hits collects 15 of the imprint's strongest tracks so far, ranging from afterhours cuts like Seuil's "Lost in the Soul Shower" to modern house numbers like "Con Leche" by Dyed Soundorom and Brothers' Vibe. The compilation will be available only as a digital download.
01. Dyed Soundorom vs Brothers' Vibe - Con Leche
02. Dyed Soundorom - I care
03. Shonky - Roudor & Capulet
04. Shonky - Carnage
05. Seuil - Lost in the Soul Shower
06. Seuil - Freak n' Violence
07. Robert Hood - Who Taught You Math (Shonky in the Hood Remix)
08. Dan Ghenacia & Djebali - Eightball
09. Anthony Collins - Rabouine House
10. Anthony Collins - Prism
11. Shonky - Time Zero (Paul Ritch Remix)
12. Danton Eeprom - All I Can Say
13. Anthea & Celler - The Playmaker (Dyed Soundorom Cougar
14. Djebali - Son of Sun
15. Djebali - California
Freak n' Chic will release Freakest Hits on May 31st, 2010.