My Cousin Roy's disco label is ready to release its first compilation.
Wurst is the brainchild of Roy Dank, a New York disco fanatic who makes music as My Cousin Roy. Dank launched the label in 2006 as a platform for edits of old disco tracks (then called Wurst Edits) and put out a handful of records by artists like Runaway and Eamon Harkin of Mister Saturday Night. After a few years he decided to re-launch the label with a different goal: to release all new and original material. The Wurst Music Ever showcases some artists that have appeared on the label since then—namely Great Weekend, Native Underground and Ulysses, a member of Neurotic Drum Band—but mostly focuses on newcomers, such as Pink Stallone, soho808 and Tiago.
01. Native Underground - Push 4 Love (Midnight Magic Cover)
02. Pink Stallone - Help Yourself
03. soho808 - Reach feat. Safiyah
04. Name In Lights - Ur Oskunni
05. Tiago - Peanuts Not Working (I Am The Automan Version)
06. Miracles Club - I Can't Help It
07. Nick Chacona & Anthony Mansfield - Tase The Wizard
08. Great Weekend - That's The Thing (To Do)
09. Chicago Damn - Romcom
10. Ulysses - Soular Power
The Wurst Music Co. will release The Wurst Music Ever on October 7th, 2011.