The American artist gets behind the decks for a Detroit-centric instalment of the mix CD series.
The Detroit DJ's career has gone into overdrive since he started up his Ultramajic label with Machinedrum last year. The new releases revealed a shift towards more techno-inspired, minimalist club music and away from the funkier strains of the past, and his touring itinerary has become much busier in the process. Now, following his latest EP, Saline, which featured a collaboration with the late DJ Rashad, he's mixed the next instalment in the long-running Fabriclive series.
The CD is heavy on Ultramajic material, with plenty of selections from newcomer Crystal Bandito as well as Edgar himself. There's an emphasis on fellow Detroiters—Terrence Dixon, DJ Godfather, Kris Wadsworth and Patrice Scott are all present as well.
01. Terrence Dixon - The Electric
02. POL Style, Vin Sol & Matrixxman - Power Top
03. Patrice Scott - Raw Fusion + L-Vis 1990 - Hard Drive
04. Crystal Bandito - Let It All Out
05. Truncate & Jimmy Edgar - Submission
06. Jimmy Edgar - Tik Tok
07. Crystal Bandito - EEEwalk
08. Jimmy Edgar - RS2000
09. Crystal Bandito - Work It
10. Jimmy Edgar - Fern Portal
11. Jimmy Edgar feat. DJ Rashad - Walk Show
12. Crystal Bandito - Feel So Free
13. Danny Daze - Ready2Go
14. DJ Godfather & DJ Starski - Another Freaks
15. Crystal Bandito - Be With Me
16. Kris Wadsworth - Uranus 444 (Side A)
17. Jimmy Edgar - Atlantiz
18. Kris Wadsworth - Uranus 333 (Side B)
Fabric Records will release Fabriclive 79 on January 19th, 2015.