The landmark electronic record is part of a batch of re-releases coming on Göttsching's label in 2016.
Göttsching's hour-long suite is one of the most important electronic records of all time, its stripped-back minimalism providing inspiration to countless producers. It's been reissued a few times now—there were re-releases for both the 25th and 30th anniversaries. This time Göttsching will put out the record via his own label, MG.ART, in a variety of formats. There will be a CD version with an eight-page booklet and some pictures; a 180g vinyl version, which also comes with a booklet and pictures; and a limited CD/DVD package that includes a recording from Japan's Metamorphose Open-Air Festival in 2006, the first time E2-E4 was performed live.
E2-E4 is one of several records getting a fresh release on MG.ART in 2016. Several other Göttsching releases—Die Mulde, Live At Mount Fuji, Inventions For Electric Guitar—will get reissued, as will LPs from the likes of Ash Ra Tempel (Le Berceau De Cristal) and that project's successor, Ashra (Correlations, Belle Alliance, Blackouts).
01. Ruhige Nervösität / Quiet Nervousness
02. Gemässiger Aufbruch / Moderate Start
03. ...Und Mittelspiel / ...And Central Game
04. Ansatz / Promise
05. Damen Eleganza / Queen A Pawn
06. Ehrenvoller Kampf / Glorious Fight
07. Hoheit Weicht (Nicht Ohne Schwung...) / H.R.H. Retreats (With A Swing...)
08. ...Und Souveränität / ...And Sovereignty
09. Remis / Drawn
MG.ART will release E2-E4 on January 26th, 2016.