The 16-track OST is the band's first studio album in more than ten years.
The Belgian-made film premiered last week at Sundance Film Festival. It follows two brothers, Frank and Jo, who run a club called Belgica in Ghent. Soulwax, who were formed by the Ghent-born Dewaele brothers (AKA 2ManyDJs) in 1995, produced and recorded the entire 16-track OST, their first album since 2005's Nite Versions. To tie in with the film's narrative, all of the songs have been attributed to fictional bands that performed at the club.
"We recorded the original music being played in the club, wrote the music, rehearsed and recorded live on set the tracks played by the bands," say Soulwax. "These ranged from a live Kraut-techno band, White Virgins, and bequiffed psychobilly trio They Live, through to hardcore outfit Burning Phlegm (featuring Sepultura's Igor Cavalera). Chanteuse Charlotte represents the other end of the spectrum with her neo-soul pop."
Set for general release on March 2nd, Belgica has been described by The Guardian as "a realistic tale of hedonism gone wrong." Watch The Shitz perform "How Long" below.
1. Charlotte – The Best Thing
2. The Shitz – How Long
3. Rubber Band – Caoutchouc
4. White Virgins – Turn Off The Lights
5. Light Bulb Matrix – Hot December
6. Kursat 9000 – Çölde Kutup Ayisi
7. Erasmus – Ti Ricordi Di Me
8. Burning Phlegm – Nothing
9. Aquazul – Slippy Fingers
10. Roland McBeth – Don’t wait Up For Me
11. Diploma – Got Any Chris Rea?
12. They Live – The Cookie Crumbles
13. Danyel Galaxy – Cybernetic Permutations In The Key Of A
14. The Shitz – Sell It With Your Face
15. Robert Vanderwiel – Nine Thousand Eyes
16. Noah’s Dark – Inward
[PIAS] Recordings will release Belgica Original Soundtrack on February 26th, 2016.