BIS: 001-020 looks over the NYC label's first 20 releases.
The label arm of the weekly radio mix institution kicked off in 2011 with a single from French act Paradis. The B-side from that one, "La Ballade de Jim," kicks off BIS: 001 – 020, a collection of highlights from the imprint's first five years. The collection also includes cuts from Australian producer Tornado Wallace, Los Angeles-via-Amsterdam oddball Palmbomen II, Japanese producer Gonno and the most recent release from Beats In Space, "Shoot The Freak" by T & P, the duo of Tim Sweeney and Lauer.
Taken as a whole, the label says Beats In Space releases are meant to evoke "the particular nostalgia experienced as one meets the eyes of a friend across a crowded floor and the memory of an entire relationship rushes through blood in a wordless, serotoninic moment."
To mark the compilation, Tom Noble made a new remix of his own project House Of Spirits' "Holding On." Listen to that one below.
01. Paradis - La Ballade de Jim
02. Jaakko Eino Kalevi - Speak Out
03. House Of Spirits - Holding On
04. Hidden Fees - So What
05. Secret Circuit - Higher Heights
06. Dukes Of Chutney - Domino
07. Tornado Wallace - Desperate Pleasures
08. Guiddo - Gin 'n' Tears feat. Georges Perin
09. Jaakko Eino Kalevi - Sensaatio
10. Jee Day - Sum Of Love
11. Tornado Wallace - Space Tropics
12. Palmbomen II - Carina Sayles
13. Dukes Of Chutney - The Smiling Cheshire
14. T & P - Shoot The Freak
15. Crystal & S. Koshi - Break The Dawn
16. Gonno - Are You Asleep
17. Matt Karmil - So You Say
18. Lauer - Macsat Ring Down (Lee Douglas Remix)
19. Paradis - Je m’ennuie (8:20)
20. Lauer - Stigma
21. Secret Circuit - Afterlife (LP Version)
22. Tornado Wallace - Kangaroo Ground
23. Palmbomen II - Cindy Savalas
Beats In Space will release BIS: 001 – 020 on April 15th, 2016.