Theory Of Flo Remixed also features reworks from Kornél Kovács, Throwing Shade and Auntie Flo himself.
The original LP, which Brian d'Souza crafted as Auntie Flo alongside co-producer Esa Williams, landed in late 2015. It drew high marks here on RA and would later be nominated for Scottish Album Of The Year. Theory Of Flo Remixed now comes as Huntleys & Palmers celebrates a decade of operation in Glasgow.
Following on from a remix EP released last summer, this digital set comprises 11 cuts. The most prominent might be Dixon's Beat Edit of a The Revenge remix of an Auntie Flo track—it recently surfaced on the Innervisions vinyl offshoot Philomena. Kornél Kovács, Mark E and Throwing Shade are also featured, along with Huntleys & Palmers and Highlife affiliates like Mehmet Aslan, Africaine 808 and d'Souza himself, who is also touring Europe in support of its release.
More of these remixes will be pressed to wax, but details on that front are still TBA. Meanwhile, d'Souza recently put out a new mini-album, The Soniferous Garden, on Sofrito Super Singles, and a new EP, Remembrance, on Mule Musiq.
Listen to Aslan's take on "Cape Malay Prayer."
01. Su La feat. Shingai (Auntie Flo In Love Version)
02. Cape Malay Prayer (Mehmet Aslan Remix)
03. So In Love (Kornél Kovács Remix)
04. Dreamer (Throwing Shade Remix)
05. Waiting For A (Woman) feat. Anbuley (The Revenge Rework / Dixon Beat Edit)
06. Dance Ritual I feat. Anbuley (Lipelis Dream Dance Mix)
07. Dance Ritual II feat. Anbuley (Africaine 808 Remix)
08. Hewal3 feat. Anbuley (CAIN Remix)
09. Mandla In Space feat. Anbuley (Mark E Remix)
10. For Mihaly feat. Laurie Pitt (Live version)
11. For Mihaly feat. Poppy Ackroyd (Strings Version)
Huntleys & Palmers and Highlife will release Theory Of Flo Remixed on March 10th, 2017.