The Grammy-winning 1986 LP gets a full-length reworking from an array of electronic musicians.
Graceland - The Remixes involves a wide range of producers like Joris Voorn, who offers two different takes on "Homeless," and Groove Armada, who rework the album's hit single "You Can Call Me Al." Other artists enlisted for the cause include Gui Boratto, Sharam, Photek, Thievery Corporation, Paul Oakenfold and Joyce Muniz.
The project has been curated by Michael Gaiman, AKA The Duke Of New York. A best-album Grammy winner featuring dozens of contributing musicians, Graceland drew rave reviews for blending Simon's usual folk and pop-rock sensibilities with South African mbaqanga and other strands of non-Western music.
Listen to Groove Armada's remix of "You Can Call Me Al."
01. Homeless (Joris Voorn Remix)
02. Gumboots (Joyce Muniz Remix)
03. I Know What I Know (Sharam Remix)
04. Crazy Love, Vol. II (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
05. The Boy In The Bubble (Richy Ahmed Remix)
06. You Can Call Me Al (Groove Armada Remix)
07. Under African Skies (Rich Pinder & Djoko Remix)
08. Graceland (MK with KC Lights Remix)
09. That Was Your Mother (Gui Boratto Remix)
10. Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes (Thievery Corporation Remix)
11. All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints (Photek Remix)
12. Homeless (Joris Voorn Kitchen Table Mix)
Sony and Legacy Recordings will release Graceland - The Remixes on June 1st, 2018.
Photo credit: Nick Elgar