Aesthetic collects work from a number of David Russo's aliases from 2013 through 2018.
The London artist is best known for starting the prolific UK label Dream Catalogue, where he's released the majority of his music. Aesthetic gathers up work from the beginning of his career, when he was still known as Hong Kong Express, until now. There is one track to represent every "notable" HKE release, and also plenty of material from other aliases like Sandtimer, Subaeris, Buried Angel, DARKPYRAMID and his 2814 project with Telepath. There are three brand new tracks: two new cuts from HKE, and an unreleased leftover from another project, Henry Moonchild.
The label calls Aesthetic "neither a 'best of' nor a 'greatest hits,'" with "an at times utterly demented approach... a kaleidoscope of crashing aesthetics."
For more on Dream Catalogue and HKE, check out last year's label of the month feature.
Listen to the compilation and check it out over at Bandcamp.
03. Romantic Dream
08. Dragon Blood
09. No Sleep
10. Pressure Drop
11. HKE feat. MXXA
12. Hong Kong Express - Paranoia
13. Ancient Sandtimer Sleeping Beast
14. AIR Japan - 2084
15. Lotus Flowers - सूर्यास्त
16. Silk Demon - New Animals Expensive Fashion
17. Henry Moonchild - Drop The Throne
18. DARKPYRAMID - A Heart Full Of Love
19. 2814 - ふわっと
20. Emperor Tangerine - Hold Me Again
21. Hyper_Devil - Sadness_1066
22. Martin Smith - Like Spinning Plates
23. Sandtimer - Meteor Dagger
24. Buried Angel - Crying Angel
25. チェスマスター - I Am The Non-Entity
26. Subearis - Time Existence 2
Aesthetic 2013-2018 is out now via Dream Catalogue.